Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-18-2004, 07:04 AM

Default Re: TruePoker CEO...a few suggestions for you

I agree totally with this Tyler.
I also have difficulties seeing how many players is in the pot - especially the players in the other end.
And the cards are kinda small on the board- I have complained about this be4 - almost a year ago i think! At the same time I complained about that they didnt have multitabling - so at least they r doing SOMETHING - but its a very long process!
Old 11-19-2004, 12:35 PM

Great suggestions. Keep em coming
Old 11-19-2004, 01:19 PM

Default We do appreciate suggestions, thanks for posting the thread

Yes, zutmin, we do look for input.

Please feel free to email me at management@truepoker.com with suggestions as well.

1. Four Color Deck : Is this that popular a feature ? I will raise it with the software company. I doubt that the fix is that easy, given what goes into changing graphics on our site.

2. Micro-limits : In the works, no delivery date as yet.

3. Miniview: We can look at this.

4. Bad Beat and High Hand Jackpots: We did run a high hand jackpot of sorts in Omaha for a few months, a drawing in which quads jacks and better qualified. It had minimal success. We will consider this, although the issue of increased rake for the jackpot may be problematic until we put in micro-limits. (I would appreciate feedback on how other sites fund jackpots and what you think of that.)

5. All-in slowdown feature: This one unfortunately is a major change, given the way we wrote the software originally. I like the idea, but it ia far off at present. We are devoting efforts currently to micro-limits and other such changes.

6. Card-size, viewing: I think this surfaced as an issue more when we went to multi-tables. We will look at alternatives to highlight players currently in the hand, perhaps.

David Gzesh, CEO
Truepoker
Old 11-19-2004, 01:41 PM

Default Re: We do appreciate suggestions, thanks for posting the thread

Dave, thanks for taking the time to look at these suggestions. I wouldn't expect to see any of these changes immediately, but would love to see some of them implemented in the future.

Another previously mentioned idea was the ability to reload one's buy-in or just add to one's stack without having to sit out.

I have also noticed that some sites allow you to return to a table with the same amount of chips that you left with. That would be a GREAT feature IMO. Example I spend 3+ hours at a table and build a sizable chip stack/advantage (NL tables). For some reason I decide to sit out for a period of time and eventually get automatically removed from the table. I then am limited to the Max allowable buy-in if I choose to rejoin that table. On other sites I have used you can sit back down with the amount you left the table with.

Again, thanks for taking the time to consider these ideas.
Old 11-19-2004, 02:16 PM

Location: Castle Duckula -- home for many centuries to a dreadful dynasty of vicious vampire ducks: The Counts of Duckula!

[ QUOTE ]
1. Four Color Deck : Is this that popular a feature ? I will raise it with the software company. I doubt that the fix is that easy, given what goes into changing graphics on our site.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, in my case, I resisted going to the 4-color deck on other sites for a while; I tried it around the time I first started playing (a bit over a year ago), and thought it was hideous. But I tried it again recently, and discovered that it really does help. I can tell instantly whether I have a suited hand or not, and I can spot flushes and draws much faster now. I don't multi-table much, but I often have distractions from family or phone, and the 4-color deck helps me snap back into focus on the game a lot more easily after dealing with the interruption. At this point, I wouldn't go back to the traditional red/black deck.

-Mike
Old 11-19-2004, 02:41 PM

I guess I've been playing at Truepoker alot recently, as I'm now four hundred points away from being a platinum member (I want a cookie!).

Yes, the four color deck is nice, and I use it on all the sites that offer it.

Other suggestions:

I would like a preference setting where the log box doesn't automatically come up when I open up a new table.

And secondly I noticed something weird about playing at Truepoker while using a dual monitor setup. If I put a truepoker game on my second monitor and and put my mouse over the pot to find out the chip count, the number appears over on the primary monitor. It would be nice, and I might play more games at truepoker if this was not the case.
Old 11-19-2004, 03:01 PM

That sounds more like a problem with your graphics card/monitor setup than True's software.
Old 11-19-2004, 07:15 PM

I would have wanted better player notes and my Omaha cards always face up. And of course all kinds of general ease of following the action always helps (one gets pretty good at it with experience however). Now that they will add micro limits it however does not matter anymore as the only reason for me to play there disappears, as far as big bet holdem goes.