Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-16-2004, 01:02 PM

Default FPPs and ROI

[ QUOTE ]
When you use your FPPs to buy into the $215 satellites, each fpp is worth $0.016 whether you play the 1 table SNG or the 3 table SNG, so in effect you're playing $8 3 table SNG or a $24 1 table SNG. The values of the fpps in the mtt satellites vary. Obviously, the 1 table SNG is shorter so I'd recommend playing that. Anyways, if you unregister after winning a seat you get tournament dollars to buy into SNGs and MTTs (you can't cash out this money immediately).

[/ QUOTE ]

I actually think the FPPs are worth more, since If you beat the game then you cash more than average in the freerolls. And people are often pretty impatient in the freerolls.

I find the 9 player satellites particularly soft. Definitely soften than a $50 or $100 S&G.

As to incorporating them into ROI, here's what I do.
First I use Pokertracker:
I don't include it in each tourney, but every time I win freeroll dollars, or 20% bonus $'s for that matter, I add a "fake" tourney into Poker Tracker, or a freeroll tourney that I did not participate in and I edit it to add my winnings. Net, al these freeroll dollars - and they sure addup at Stars appear in my overall ROI, but not my game specific ROI - except as infinite ROI in the freeroll column.

Just my 2 cents and god bless FPPs.
Old 11-16-2004, 01:05 PM

Default Re: questioning SnG FAQ ROI Numbers

Actually Pooh. I wish I had your ROI at the $25 level.

0.4 * 27 = 10.9

0.09 * 114 = 10.26

You're making more $$/tournament than me, your bankroll requirements are way less, and from what you say, your tournaments take less time! If I can get myself to play well enough down there, I may do just that...
Old 11-16-2004, 04:03 PM

Default Re: questioning SnG FAQ ROI Numbers

[ QUOTE ]
Actually Pooh. I wish I had your ROI at the $25 level.

0.4 * 27 = 10.9

0.09 * 114 = 10.26

You're making more $$/tournament than me, your bankroll requirements are way less, and from what you say, your tournaments take less time! If I can get myself to play well enough down there, I may do just that...

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry that was misleading though...I was just quoting my PT stats with both 25 and 15s combined. I think my current ratio is about 10-1 15turbos/25turbos so with such a small sample of 25+2 turbos (maybe 20 or 30) I certainly am NOT a 35%+ ROI player at the 25 level but I feel pretty safe to say I am at the 15 level (300+ tracked). So you actually make more loot than me and furthermore I only single table and I work 8 hours a day and only play 4 or 5 a day so its fun money...But point taken...BR requirements IS a consideration in this discussion given that NET profits are not that divergent. I play my BR about 40-50 buyins deep usually so I am definitely a more conservative player than most here as far as buyins and BR (not conservative as far as hand selection at times [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] ).