Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-15-2004, 07:37 PM

Default Re: Folding aces on the river in a decent sized pot.

i pay off unless i respect the raise of the villain tremendously and that is hard to come by in 2/4...
Old 11-15-2004, 07:45 PM

Location: seattle!!!__ too sunny to be in a cardroom....ahhh, one more hand
Default Re: Folding aces on the river in a decent sized pot.+ Edit

Maybe. Many players i see, usually live moreso, will go all in like this with a lesser hand. Like a mid pair.

Edit: I think i mistook the meaning of your last post. I was thinking you were saying the all in guy was trying to get the most out of his hand. My fault. Which in that case, if you think the all in guy has trips, it's unlikely the other guy has it.

b
Old 11-15-2004, 08:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Maybe. Many players i see, usually live moreso, will go all in like this with a lesser hand. Like a mid pair.

Edit: I think i mistook the meaning of your last post. I was thinking you were saying the all in guy was trying to get the most out of his hand. My fault. Which in that case, if you think the all in guy has trips, it's unlikely the other guy has it.

b

[/ QUOTE ]
Bernie,

I was trying to say that the other guy (the guy who didn't raise) was calling no matter what, so I would get to see the hands without having to pay the last bet.

I dunno, I thought it was a good fold at the time given my read (I'd yet to see a raise from this guy when he didn't suckout on someone). I sat there for a bit and tried to figure out what hands would raise me that I beat -- and I couldn't come up with any. I'm sure that some exist (especially at 2/4, where people might be a bit more . . . ahem, imaginative . . . on the river than others), but I felt like the ratio was against me.

Anyway, raiser turned over 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] for the flopped bottom pair and runner-runner flush and MHWNG, but results don't matter. I'm really wondering if I'm good here 8% of the time.

Add another few bets to the pot, and I'm swearing and calling.

Rob
Old 11-15-2004, 08:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I was trying to say that the other guy (the guy who didn't raise) was calling no matter what, so I would get to see the hands without having to pay the last bet

[/ QUOTE ]

I put an edit on my other response. I mistook/misunderstood what you were saying. I realized it after i posted it. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
I thought it was a good fold at the time given my read (I'd yet to see a raise from this guy when he didn't suckout on someone).

[/ QUOTE ]

If you had this read, and it was over the course of how you saw im tend to play hands on most streets, then i like your fold a little more. Absent of this info, you can see where we're saying to call. See the little importance of adding that tidbit of info?

[ QUOTE ]
Add another few bets to the pot, and I'm swearing and calling

[/ QUOTE ]

Interesting. Given your read above, if the pot was bigger with these players in, there'd have been more action. Wouldn't it be even more likely that you don't have the best hand then regardless of pot size? Your read should be more definite with more action from these players.

b
Old 11-15-2004, 11:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I was trying to say that the other guy (the guy who didn't raise) was calling no matter what, so I would get to see the hands without having to pay the last bet

[/ QUOTE ]

I put an edit on my other response. I mistook/misunderstood what you were saying. I realized it after i posted it. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
I thought it was a good fold at the time given my read (I'd yet to see a raise from this guy when he didn't suckout on someone).

[/ QUOTE ]

If you had this read, and it was over the course of how you saw im tend to play hands on most streets, then i like your fold a little more. Absent of this info, you can see where we're saying to call. See the little importance of adding that tidbit of info?

[ QUOTE ]
Add another few bets to the pot, and I'm swearing and calling

[/ QUOTE ]

Interesting. Given your read above, if the pot was bigger with these players in, there'd have been more action. Wouldn't it be even more likely that you don't have the best hand then regardless of pot size? Your read should be more definite with more action from these players.

b

[/ QUOTE ]
By "adding a few bets," I mean that maybe a few more people called preflop and folded out, or called on the flop then folded out -- i.e. the river situation was the same, except the pot size was larger (not necessarily that the individuals involved at the river were betting/raising/whatever to drive the pot size up).

Also, I think I included my read in the original post -- that he was a "calling station." Maybe that term means a bit more to me coming from the micros, or maybe I wasn't being informational enough; but basically, calling station == loose-passive == generally won't raise without trips or better. Maybe my understanding of this term is off, but it's all semantic. I'll detail out the read a bit more next time around. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Rob
Old 11-16-2004, 01:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
3 very loose limpers to me (two have around 6BB left total each, and are generally just simple calling stations).

[/ QUOTE ]

This description is much better than we normally get. However, when on to the hand, you don't mention which guy is the calling station. But yes, when a calling station gets active like this, he has the goods.

b