Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-11-2004, 03:22 AM

Default Re: Best Bar-B-Q?

I'm sure the south has it hands down, but if you happen to ever find yourself in downtown Montreal make an effort to get to the BAR-B-BARN BBQ on rue Guy just off St. Catherines street and you will not be disappointed. The BEST ribs north of the border by far.

I once had a buddy who was flying home to Vancouver that afternoon pick me up a whole Hog and bring it back with him as payment for collecting him from the Airport.

man I'm gettin hungry just thinking about them.

[img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] busguy
Old 11-11-2004, 10:04 AM

Finally a topic in which I'm an expert! No. St. Louis BBQ is awful with the exception of Super Smokers, which is o.k.
Old 11-11-2004, 10:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The Salt Lick, Driftwood, Texas. and it isn't close.

[/ QUOTE ]
Being from Texas I'm biased toward Texas BBQ, which generally means brisket, not pork. Except for ribs, in which case it's pork all the way. And of course TX sauce tends to be a thinner more vinagery sauce rather than that ketchup-like stuff that they stand chicken legs up in in the ads. Those ads kill me, "thicker is better". That's just stupid.

Salt Lick is very good. Somewhat better than Green Mesquite in Austin, but near as good as Dozier's in Fulschear. The best of course was my Ol' Pappy's place, Firpo's, in Richmond before he retired.
Old 11-11-2004, 11:28 AM

Tom Jenkins BBQ on Federal Hwy & Davie Blvd in Fort Lauderdale. Lines are 20 minutes + long everyday from 11am to 2pm. It's family owned and everyone who works there is grumpy as hell, it's kind of like the soup nazi from Seinfeld but nobody cares because the food is so damn good.
Old 11-11-2004, 11:30 AM

Default Thanks!!!

I just moved to the area and will definitely be giving this a try!
[ QUOTE ]
Tom Jenkins BBQ on Federal Hwy & Davie Blvd in Fort Lauderdale. Lines are 20 minutes + long everyday from 11am to 2pm. It's family owned and everyone who works there is grumpy as hell, it's kind of like the soup nazi from Seinfeld but nobody cares because the food is so damn good.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-11-2004, 11:55 AM

Dinosaur barbeque in Syracuse seems to be the "famous" place in NY and well liked around here.

Of course it could be one of those things where everyone up here doesn't know any better. Kind of like southerner's thinking Aunt Jemima is good Maple Syrup.

Orange
Old 11-11-2004, 11:56 AM

Default Re: Thanks!!!

[ QUOTE ]
I just moved to the area

[/ QUOTE ]
Welcome to the area. Not that i want many 2+2ers in my game but we have a pretty steady home game you would be welcome to attend if interested. We play mostly 10 man NL tourneys when I host ranging from $20 buyins to $300 buyins. If your interested in getting to know some local games you can drop me a PM. We have a $205 buying NL tourney on the 20th of November ($5 goes to paying a dealer - I hate to deal) and we are still short a few players. It's a safe, clean game and you will meet alot of very good guys.
Old 11-11-2004, 11:58 AM

Default Re: Thanks!!!

I'm very interested. I sent you a pm a few mins ago. I'll shoot you another one with my e-mail.
Old 11-11-2004, 12:16 PM

Dreamland. Tuscaloosa.
Old 11-11-2004, 01:17 PM

Location: download an irc client at www.hydrairc.com (freeware not spyware), connect to irc.efnet.net, and join the channel #twoplustwo to chat live with other 2+2 posters

super smokers is a chain. chains are everywhere. try the ribs at mike duffy's in clayton on saturday.