Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-10-2004, 10:28 PM

Default Re: Firefox 1.0 is pretty cool

Firefox has been awesome imho since .5... probably even before that also... thats just when i started using it. It wasnt even named Firefox then.
Old 11-10-2004, 11:34 PM

I'm using Opera, even though I also use IE (e.g. this site sometimes get messed up in my version of Opera) - is Mozilla Firefox better than Opera? Opera has had tabs for ages, mouse gestures also, great true fullscreen mode, page zooming, pop-up protection that works great, and so on. Just wondering if there is something in Firefox that would make a switch from Opera worth it.

The only "bad thing about Opera" is that quite a few web pages don't follow the standards, but use Microsoft-invented crap. Follow the standards, you bastards!
Old 11-11-2004, 12:02 AM

I've put it in, and really like the tabbed browsing a lot. I didn't know about the multiple homepages thing. That could be good for me so I can get open new pages onto a blank page. I'm on a dial-up modem, and opening from a page already filled with stuff means I have to download junk all over again before the change. Normally I just keep one separate window blank specifically to spawn daughter pages off that, but some places like Eurobet like to hijack a web page and write over it whenever you leave the site or visit the cashier, and my blank pages disappear.

Don't know what mouse gestures are yet, but remember reading about how great they were somewhere before. I didn't pay much attention though, because I didn't even have this browser yet.