FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-11-2004, 02:08 AM

Default Re: Hey grandgnu

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm using the dice chips with custom labels,

[/ QUOTE ]

What's your opinion of custom labels for the cheaper chips? I saw you gave somebody on Ebay a favorable rating and I was looking for more details. Thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, finding me on ebay, aaaeeee??? Damn, KNEW I shoulda used a different name. But seriously, yeah, that guy was awesome. I bought 2300 chip lables for my 1,150 chip collection. I emailed the guy with some questions and he got right back to me, and I paid on Thursday and had them Friday (he lives about 40 minutes away and got them in the mail pronto for me)

The labels are pretty cool, much nicer for my chips than not having anything on them. Saved me $80 and a 2 week wait time compared with hot stamping. My chips were only 14 cents each though, so I'm not shelling out $1-$2 PER CHIP like some people do, don't have that kind of disposable income just yet.

The labels are nice, although if you need to peel one off and re-apply it usually doesn't work, the ink will start to bleed and the label then becomes worthless.

But if you apply them right the first time (not all that hard to do, just time consuming) then they tend to stay pretty well (i.e. haven't noticed much fading, tearing, wear, etc.) They did make my chips thicker though, so normally a stack of 20 would fit into one part of a chip rack but now only 19 do, you have to force the 20th chip if you want to make it work.

Great service from that guy in Worcester though, good luck whatever route ya go!

[/ QUOTE ]

Who was the eBayer you got it from? Cause I was planning on getting some of these labels too. Also, do they come off easily? My friends and I enjoy doing tricks with chips, so will it affect the label?
Old 11-11-2004, 09:02 AM

Location: Pokah Is Nice, I Love Play Pokah (Chau Giang quote) Location: Massachusetts
Default Re: To Canine K9

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...sPageName=WDVW

There's one of his auctions. His username is cin0s3

I can shuffle about 8 chips in each stack and haven't had the stickers come off. They do cause the chips to stick more when you shuffle them, but I found this good. Without the labels the chips tend to slip and slide more, so I really like having the labels on them. Plus the labels add a bit more weight to the chips, but not much.
Old 11-11-2004, 01:50 PM

Default Re: To Canine K9

[ QUOTE ]
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...sPageName=WDVW

There's one of his auctions. His username is cin0s3

I can shuffle about 8 chips in each stack and haven't had the stickers come off. They do cause the chips to stick more when you shuffle them, but I found this good. Without the labels the chips tend to slip and slide more, so I really like having the labels on them. Plus the labels add a bit more weight to the chips, but not much.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I know of a better place to get labels:

http://www.ciretech.com/lynbark/index.htm

The site you gave me previously only ships to US, and I live in Canada.

Anyways, has anyone gotten their labels from this place?

http://www.ciretech.com/lynbark/index.htm
Old 11-11-2004, 02:33 PM

Default Re: Italianstang\'s Blue Chip Co. chips.

I'm glad you finally got your chips and though they might not have met your expectations... THEY ARE COOL! I think alot more folks would have jumped in on Ten's if they could have seen the chip pics... possibly me included.

Had some questions/comments... can understand if you don't reply as I'm sure you're glad to be over it.

[ QUOTE ]
<snip> Many of the inlays are off-center.

[/ QUOTE ]
Can you post some pics of the bad ones and rough #'s (i.e. 10-20 or 100+ off center)?

[ QUOTE ]
The background picture of the girl's back is almost difficult to see and if you didn't know what it was supposed to look like you might have to look at it for a while.

[/ QUOTE ]
Looks ok in the photo but I know how they can be deceiving. I thought the background pic would be more clear (judging from the pic seems a little hazy). How'd you supply the art... e.g. hand 'em a photo/ad or e-mail a pic... just wondering if the resolution caused this or is it because of the way the inlay's done??

[ QUOTE ]
The writing that says "The Garage" is too far up on the chip. Also, the font on half the chips is gold and on the other half of the chips its gold with an outline of white, strange.

[/ QUOTE ]
The text layout seems to match the proof though but I bet the off-center ones make it worse. Can you post pics of the white outlined text? That seems weird.

[ QUOTE ]
<snip>As far as numbers, I got 600 chips. 100 of the brown/yellow $25. 260 of the blueish $1 and 240 of the yellow and pink $5. <snip pic>

[/ QUOTE ]

Bluish? refering to the edge spot here? I thought the base chip was black.

The "five flames" look good on the ones in the pic as opposed to some I've seen [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Did you give any feedback to Dave E.?

Thanks for posting your experience. I hope if anyone else makes the endeavor they have far better luck.

- Fins
Old 11-11-2004, 06:38 PM

"Can you post some pics of the bad ones and rough #'s (i.e. 10-20 or 100+ off center)?"

Okay, here is a picture of one of them that I consider off-center, sorry about it being a little blurry I am still trying to perfect how to take pictures of these chips, it is quite difficult.

I would say that roughly ten percent of the chips are off center.

How'd you supply the art... e.g. hand 'em a photo/ad or e-mail a pic... just wondering if the resolution caused this or is it because of the way the inlay's done??

This is a good question. I found the picture on AllPosters.com, it is a site that sells wall posters and stuff. I bought the poster and liked how it looked. Posted below is the actual JPEG that I sent and had the graphic artist use. I just took it right off the AllPosters site. I am not sure how its quality of resolution or lack of affected the final outcome of the chips. If I could do it over again I would have looked harder for a REALLY high resolution version of it somewhere. And yes, it is copyrighted and no I didn't get permission from anyone to use it.

"Can you post pics of the white outlined text"

Well I am still obviously struggling with the photography so that is not going to come out very well. Its like if you add a drop shadow to text in Photoshop, except its white. Also, stranger still, is the two very different textures of inlays that I have. One of them is very much like the surface of a ChipCo chip, kind of nylony feeling. And the other half of the inlays are completely smooth and much easier to see.

Bluish? refering to the edge spot here? I thought the base chip was black.

The base color of the $1 chip is Charcoal. However, for ease of terminology for our home game I decided to name it blue. That way we can easily say "Gimme another stack of blue Frank!". Of course that would assume that I knew someone named Frank.

I did not give any feedback to Dave Endy. I am upset that he charged me $20 for shipping when it only cost $8.66 cents though. Last night we had our first big home game and probably had a few thousand dollars on the table at one point so we got to use a large percentage of the chips. Everyone loved them and I like them much more today than I did two days ago.
Old 11-23-2004, 11:07 PM

This might be a dumb question, but where did you order these from specifically? Is there a web site that I can't find? Thanks. (I think they look awesome - better then the single color spots I got from pokerchips.com)
Old 11-23-2004, 11:25 PM

I got them from the manufacturer, Blue Chip Co. which is located in Las Vegas. Their phone number is (702)399-0382. They don't have a website.
Old 11-24-2004, 05:46 AM

Nice ass.