Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-07-2004, 12:41 AM

Default Re: Flush draw, but not the nuts

On of my big problems is, when drawing to a non-nut flush I always getting scared, that someone is drawing to a bigger flush.
Old 11-07-2004, 12:46 AM

You know, to be fair, good poker players are naturally adverse to cold calling. I can see how someone would be inclined to fold here. There are few situations where it is correct to cold call two bets. This, however, is one of those times. Do you see why Beck?
Old 11-07-2004, 12:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
On of my big problems is, when drawing to a non-nut flush I always getting scared, that someone is drawing to a bigger flush.

[/ QUOTE ]
I've been burned a few times on this too. It happens, and it is going to happen. But in the long run lower flushes are still profitable hands, and you having 2 of a suit plus having that suit on the board make it less likely someone else has a higher flush. But it does happen, and you will loose sometimes. That is poker.

Sometimes you just have to sling your balls over your shoulders and go for it. Playing scared will cost you money.
Old 11-07-2004, 01:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Sometimes you just have to sling your balls over your shoulders and go for it. Playing scared will cost you money.

[/ QUOTE ]

Which is my other problem. I'm recovering from a 100BB set-back, and am definately not showing aggression (readlaying correctly) at the correct times.

I understand that a flush is a strong hand, but what if my high card had been lower? How low a high-card would you guysstill have called 2 bets cold??

When I hit the Fold-button I had a feeling I woul dregret it.... And yes I do now see why I shouldn't have folded.
Old 11-07-2004, 01:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Personally I wouldn't 3 bet the flop. I've been burned to many times and I think you're inviting a cap. But I also wouldn't fold. You have the pot odds. Win or lose you have to play this to the river and showdown. I would raise and reraise the river and play the odds that no one had Axs or Kxs.

[/ QUOTE ]

You've been burned too many times. SO WHAT.

Make the mathematically correct play. If it gets capped, awesome. Those people already paid $1 to see the next card, and will pay another $1.

If you only had one club and the board was full of spades, it's a little different but it's not likely that someone holds Kxs or Axs.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why is raising with a flush mathematically correct? I ask because in a previous post I asked about betting on a flush draw and was told that it usually wasn't correct.
Old 11-07-2004, 01:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm recovering from a 100BB set-back, and am definately not showing aggression (readlaying correctly) at the correct times.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah I totally sympathize with this. After a downswing it can be tough to play right. It's hard, I know, but you have to do it. If you KNOW what the right play is, then do it. I just had a 190 BB downswing, and it was hard for me to play correctly. Maybe you should take a day or two, or three, off till you get yr mind right.

[ QUOTE ]
I understand that a flush is a strong hand, but what if my high card had been lower? How low a high-card would you guysstill have called 2 bets cold??

[/ QUOTE ]
I would play 2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] the same.

I also know a good poker player is naturally adverse to cold calling, and for good reason: it is rarely correct. This is one of those rare times.
Old 11-07-2004, 01:19 AM

thats a pretty bad laydown. at this level, you will see any 2 suited a lot, which means q-high is a monster.
Old 11-07-2004, 01:22 AM

you should 3-bet this flop.

folding the turn is absoultely horrendous. you deserve to get peed on.
Old 11-07-2004, 01:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
you deserve to get peed on.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya know, that might not be punishment for some people.
Old 11-07-2004, 01:33 AM

just to further exemplify how bad this laydown is:

pathetic
moronic
retarded
idiotic
horrible
awful
disgusting
stupid
bad