Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-04-2004, 09:43 PM

Default Re: Am I Pro life or Pro Choice

Yes, sadly this is true. My aunt and uncle attempted to adopt a white child but waited for years without any success. They were able to adopt a multiracial child in just a couple of months. There is also a huge surplus of unwanted children from Asia, primarily girls.
Old 11-04-2004, 09:45 PM

I don't understand why this is "sad". Is it sad if your favorite color is red and someone else's is blue? Of course not, it's personal preference. There would be a lot less pain in the world if abortions were more common.
Old 11-04-2004, 09:48 PM

You have basically made the pro-choice argument. In the case of rape/incest you would chose to have the baby and put it up for adoption. That is your choice, backed no doubt by a strong family unit.

The choice of a 17 year old girl who's boy friend will not support her and her family would disown her is not that clear. Her choices are limited. Without legal abortion, a large percentage may chose to have illegal unsafe abortions.

The choice of a 19 year old to continually get pregrnant and use abortion on demand as birth control, is like your choice clear. This choice in my view is wrong.

So, yes abortion is something that if I was involved in the decision making would choose to not go down that path and do whatever to have the child and take care of it.

The societal viewpoint should be that abortions are "safe, legal but rare"

The prolife/antichoice people really lose me when the start talking against condom distributions and preaching abstinence as the only path.
Old 11-04-2004, 09:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't understand why this is "sad". Is it sad if your favorite color is red and someone else's is blue? Of course not, it's personal preference. There would be a lot less pain in the world if abortions were more common.

[/ QUOTE ]
I think it is pretty obvious what is sad: There are a lot of unwanted children in the world.
Old 11-04-2004, 09:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I think it is pretty obvious what is sad: There are a lot of unwanted children in the world.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, hence my stance for abortion.
Old 11-04-2004, 09:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, hence my stance for abortion.

[/ QUOTE ]
I never said anything against abortion.
Old 11-04-2004, 10:00 PM

This is a lot like saying, "There is way to much of you but just the right amount of me."

Actually the WORLD is not over-populated. There is enough food produced to feed everybody but there are distribution problems.
Old 11-04-2004, 10:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is a lot like saying, "There is way to much of you but just the right amount of me."

Actually the WORLD is not over-populated. There is enough food produced to feed everybody but there are distribution problems.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually the world IS overpopulated based on consumption of natural resources per capita. I'm not talking about food here, I'm talking about sustaining a certain population that is not detrimental to the environment, etc.

And your other comment of "There is way to much of you but just the right amount of me." Yes, because I'm already alive.
Old 11-04-2004, 10:06 PM

define "detrimental" to the environment.
Old 11-05-2004, 12:08 AM

Clinton said it best: "Abortion should be legal, safe, and rare."