Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-03-2004, 11:38 AM

Default Re: Who will it be in 2008?

What about a Giuliani/McCain ticket for the GOP??? At least then no one can complain about his serving his contry or his purple hearts.

Living, Learning, and Laughing
Big Steve [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 11-03-2004, 11:45 AM

The Jendel election was close, and the reason was.... South Louisiana. South Louisiana has typically defied most southern norms. They have been less racist than most of the country and more accepting of other peoples beliefs (as long as those beliefs include that the best food is in Louisiana). The racist climate is changing, however I feel it will be a long time before the mindset of alot of the people will allow that to happen. Realize I am not saying everyone in the south is a racist, I just believe there is still a strong enough block to prevent it.

Now as for McCain. I am a democrat and would have voted for McCain if he rain for President. He can do this thing called compromising. But I believe his age would be a factor in the elections. Therefore I do not believe he will be nominated. And I expect the next election to be just as divided as before. Now if they could change the constitution in time, Arnold maybe? I dunno.

I put my money on Guiliani and a southerner

Melch
Old 11-03-2004, 11:46 AM

I personally think Guliani is a great candidate for '08 for the republicans. He's pretty moderate and is very popular after 9/11.

As for the democrats, I hope they nominate hilary because they will lose if they do [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]. The democrats need to stop nominating northeastern liberals. The last 2 democratic presidents were Southern democrats. They need to find someone moderate and charismatic vs. liberal and stuffy. Kerry, Gore, Dukakis, Mondale = all boring losers. Clinton = charismatic winner.

The only non-charismatic winner in the past 24 years is Bush Sr. who was pretty boring but rode in on Reagans legacy.
Old 11-03-2004, 11:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What about a Giuliani/McCain ticket for the GOP??? At least then no one can complain about his serving his contry or his purple hearts.

Living, Learning, and Laughing
Big Steve [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

That is a ticket that I would have a very hard time voting for.
Old 11-03-2004, 11:54 AM

Arnold will find a way and beat Hillary for the whole enchilada.
Old 11-03-2004, 11:58 AM

I'm republican and personally would love to see McCain in 2008. The question really is going to be his age though, if they decide its not a factor theres almost no doubt he'd be the GOP's candidate. Part of me wishes this years ticket would have been Bush/McCain, as I honestly don't think the election would have even been close then as McCain would have brought in enough moderates to pull in a few extra states.
Old 11-03-2004, 12:00 PM

Location: A nice little white house with a garden of roses. Will return to my Crawford ranch in 5 years after my Second Term. Vote for me on November 2nd. Wish me luck.

[ QUOTE ]
They will rewrite the constitution so Bush will be President. After all 8 years is not long enough for him

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey, each person is allowed to win 2 Presidential elections. The liberals keep saying I didn't win in 2000. So this year is only my first win, 2008 will be the second. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 11-03-2004, 12:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't believe it will be Powell, for one reason. The south. I have a hard time believing the south would actually allow a black person to be elected.

[/ QUOTE ]

So, by this logic, the Democratic party is racist for not nominating Jesse Jackson in the past and Al Sharpton this year.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes that logically follows.

And we wonder why Bush voters are stereotyped as being ignorant