Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-02-2004, 05:22 PM

Default Re: Party+Empire accounts, diff computer but same email ok?

I was having a problem too, but now I don't. I have a Party account and tried a couple of times to open an Empire account on my other computer (they are on the same wireless network though). It wouldn't let me because it said I have a Party account. So I uninstalled the Party software and tried. That didn't work. So I went into XP, created a different user log in. Then I searched for files named partypoker and deleted them (there was a text file that was still on my hard drive even though I had uninstalled the program). So I then logged into Empire and opened an account using a different e-mail address. I still haven't funded it, but will try tonight using my firepay account. If it denies me, I will start the whole process over and try funding using IGM E-checks (since I don't have an account with them yet)
Old 11-03-2004, 08:33 PM

I opened an Empire account in June (five months ago), using the same computer, same information, same email address as my Party account. No problem at all. I didn't use any "registry trick" as far as I am aware (in fact, I don't even know what that means).

Maybe at one time there was a rule against having accounts on more than one Party skin, but it appears there is no longer any such rule.

But if there were such a rule, why would you knowingly violate it by using a "trick" of some sort? You choose to play on their site, you should abide by their rules.
Old 11-03-2004, 08:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
But if there were such a rule, why would you knowingly violate it by using a "trick" of some sort? You choose to play on their site, you should abide by their rules.

[/ QUOTE ]

So you can play more than 4 tables, or to get rakeback, or because the like the blue of Empire better than the green of Party. There are many reasons to do it and as far as I know no one has had an account frozen due to having accounts at multiple Party skins.
Old 11-03-2004, 09:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
There are many reasons to do it and as far as I know no one has had an account frozen due to having accounts at multiple Party skins.

[/ QUOTE ]
That's because there's no rule against it.

But if there were a rule against it, are you saying that you would do it anyway as long as the likelihood of getting caught, and the consequences thereof, were minor? Do you feel the same way about collusion?
Old 11-03-2004, 09:27 PM

Really? Give them a call, I'm sure they'd be happy to explain. They told me it was perfectly fine, however I wasn't able to create an account on pokernow due to my party/empire accounts.
Old 11-03-2004, 10:42 PM

I had no problem creating a pokernow account last night on a machine that has both party and empire.

Before I created the PokerNow account I did clean out my registry of known hack entries. That wasn't to defeat any software device, but rather to keep my registry uncorrupted. I also delete cookies on a regular basis even though it causes me some pain. Oh yeah, I rebooted after cleaning my registry.
Old 11-04-2004, 04:56 AM

I actually called them, and they told me that because I had an account on party and empire I was not allowed to play on pokernow. Doesn't make much sense...it's more rake for them.