Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-29-2004, 07:26 PM

Default Re: New Bin Laden tape - a reminder of Bush\'s biggest Failure

It'd be nice if you didn't take words out of context. Heres an example:
"Asfg, If you were to steal $100 dollars from me and shoot my dog (Even though I like you), I would probaly think your a [censored]."
Now taken out of context that says, "Your a [censored]".
Wow I don't think thats what I meant when i said that...

Lets try another example:
"Asfg, If I were to fly to Tokyo for something urgent, Would you please look after my girlfriend for me, while i watch over my business affairs?
Now out of context it says, " Would you please "look" after my girlfriend for me, while i watch?"
Wow that sounds sort of kinky.
Old 10-29-2004, 07:38 PM

Unlike in your examples, my quote didn't change what Bush was trying to say: He clearly said that he wasn't that concerned about OBL after the Afghanistan war anymore. Go look it up.
Old 10-29-2004, 07:41 PM

He meant, "I am not afraid of UBL."
He has a hard time explaning himself, whats wrong with not being afraid of UBL?

The first rule of being a leader is NEVER show fear or indecisiveness.
Bush was showing you he wasn't afraid and he wasn't indecisive, if you beleive he truly meant that he doesn't care of UBL gets away-- Then you have problems...
Old 10-29-2004, 08:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
A new Bin Laden tape is out today.

This should remind everyone just how completely Bush has failed to handle the 9/11 aftermath. This guy would be caught or dead under any competent President.

[/ QUOTE ]

Really? Is that why Clinton did such a great job of capturing him? The president has nothing to do with finding him and this is just BS.

[/ QUOTE ]

you can make alot of arguements about how it not bush's fault, but this is just dumb. do you see why?
Old 10-29-2004, 11:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah! George Bush really stepped up the hunt on Osama bin Laden...and still hasnt found him yet...oh yeah, and he hardly searches for him at all anymore...but besides that youre spot on!

rj

[/ QUOTE ]

Anyone that thinks the fact that we havent gotten Bin Laden yet is ignoring some very large points.

A. Afghanistan is largely a Special Forces operation at this point. The stuff they do doesnt make the news or when it does, you dont realize it was them. Dont think there isnt a great effort underway to hunt this guy down.

B. Intimate knowledge of the terrain and the people greatly help Bin Laden. Thats why Kerry's constant chanting of Tora Bora like some arcane ritual act is completely ludicrous.
Old 10-29-2004, 11:38 PM

Info on Tora Bora. It's a good read... Tommy Franks calls out Kerry

Tora Bora Thread & article

Why can't people understand that hide and go seek is not an easy game to play when you have the entire planet to hide in? It's hard enough to track down people in the US. Any of you know that show America's Most Wanted? And we are trying to tack down someone in a place where everyone covers their face and technology is very limited. I don't get it.
Old 10-30-2004, 01:32 AM

"I don't think I ever said I'm not worried about Osama bin Laden. That's kind of one of those exaggerations (ex a jer A shuns)" - George W. Bush 10/13/04

"I truly am not that concerned about him." - George W. Bush 3/13/02
Old 10-30-2004, 01:54 AM

Wow, when someone keeps chanting the same thing over and over ,even though its been discussed and then disproven, you know they are beaten. Sin if you would have read my post a little ways up there about "taking things out of context" you would realize that you have no argument.
Old 10-30-2004, 03:01 AM

I get tired of excuses, Wacki. Catch the mother fucker or put someone in that can. Balance the budget. Create jobs that outstrip population growth or step down. Increase our standing in the world or get out.

I am just amazed that seeing the video of this murdering bastard makes people want to vote for Bush. What a bunch of little girls.
Old 10-30-2004, 03:29 AM

I think that Osama is trying to get us to vote for Kerry in the tape that was just released.

He states something in the tape similar to, "Bush's delayed response to our attacks helped them succeed..." or something like that.

I think that quote is key. He is trying to influence us to vote for Kerry. This, to me, means that he feels the pressure Bush is putting on him and his organization and wants Bush to lose.

I was leaning towards Kerry, only because i think he is the better candidate for online poker, but now I'm not sure. Any thoughts on this?