Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-28-2004, 05:36 PM

Default Re: This is how you end up when you learn poker from RGP

He still posts there?

he returned to make 15,000 pro-kerry posts. because i agree with his political views, i have only been able to torment him a few times. all i have to do is enter one of his threads and i am instantly declared a cross-dressing, old harrigan then he launches into comments that the censors here won't allow. it is just like the good old days, but i think he will be gone next wednesday (i hope)

Old 10-29-2004, 08:42 AM

im shocked! im shocked that you actually find any poker post every now and then. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] i havent been to rpg in about 3 months. it is completely worthless nowdays after youve read the good archived stuff.
Old 10-29-2004, 02:46 PM

im shocked! im shocked that you actually find any poker post every now and then.

actually, i counted the panhandling posts as poker posts, not spam. the number was more like 2 poker posts out of 50

Old 10-29-2004, 09:38 PM

Anybody old enough to remember that old cigarette ad slogan, "I'd rather fight than switch!"? Well, maybe it's time for me to think about switching.

Being relatively new to Internet poker, I started out with RGP a few months ago. It was the only poker group or forum I knew about, and I didn't learn about twoplustwo until a few weeks ago. Fortunately, very soon after starting to follow RGP, I learned about recgroups.com, which has great filtering options, allowing me to "kill-file" people or subjects that I don't care to read. This has made RGP seem much more like an entirely poker-related news group, with far less spam or begging. There is still way too much flaming and trolling that gets through, however, and I have spent more time lurking in the shadows around here. Some of the pettiness and plain meanness at RGP is getting tiresome, and life is too short.

One of the things I still like about RGP (through recgroups.com) is that all of the initial posts are listed in chronological order, whereas the thing I find the most cumbersome here is that I seem to constantly have to be clicking on Index or moving the slider bar, or selecting other main groupings to see what's been posted lately. If someone could give me some pointers to help alleviate some of this clicking and mouse moving, I would really appreciate it.

RGP does seem to have some good folks that post there, but presumeably, so does 2+2. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] I look forward to spending more time at 2+2, getting to know people here the same way I currently know some of the people at RGP, and, hopefully, becoming a better poker player so I don't end up like the subject of the original post on this thread.

(I hope this doesn't wear out my welcome before I even get started.)

Kellon