Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-27-2004, 11:35 PM

Default Re: I dunno guys...

[ QUOTE ]
In heads-up play, pre-flop... please tell me which two hole cards are better than AA.

[/ QUOTE ]

Man, I'm so sick of educating newbies.

better hands:

5To: you can make high straights with the T and low straights with the 5, and TWO FLUSHES because they're of two different suits. how many boards do you know without 4 high or 4 low cards and no 4 flush on board?

69s: most common flop is 578s, this makes a straightflush. dude, a straightflush is waaaay better than anything AA can make, even quads.

77: most common boardcard is a 7 because its right in the middle of the cards, thus it comes up most often. three of a kind beats AA any day, and we all know that A and 2 are the least common boardcards, so you dont get set over set often with 77.

please, in the future, run a search before you post stupid things like that AA is the nuts preflop. these boards used to be so much better before all you wannabe WPT players started posting.

fim
Old 10-27-2004, 11:41 PM

Default Re: NL - SB with AA short stacked with 4 way action and a RR to you.....

All-in, and I wouldn't bother me the slightest if any of the original cold callers drop out.
Old 10-28-2004, 12:00 AM

I think you need to turn on your sarcasm-detector
Old 10-28-2004, 01:03 AM

Wow, you need to take your arrogant head out of your ass. What was the point of your comment that they could be holding the nuts then? In pre-flop play, AA is the BEST hand, probabilistically speaking. You're speaking in terms of... what? What can win? Obviously, ANY two cards in the whole CAN beat pocket aces... In terms of probabilities of making those hands... um, no, they are far worse.

Why don't you try answering in a civil manner without embarassing yourself by shouting insults?
Old 10-28-2004, 01:06 AM

You sound like partypoker's spokesman.
Old 10-28-2004, 01:22 AM

Damn Slaman you told him.
Old 10-28-2004, 01:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Obviously, ANY two cards in the whole CAN beat pocket aces... In terms of probabilities of making those hands... um, no, they are far worse.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, you need to chill out, just because i'm right doesnt mean you have to be mean about it. being a gracious loser is part of being a good poker player.

Obviously any two whole cards can beat aces. but you're missing the point. these hands are so strong that they can beat aces even when cleaved in 1/2s and 1/3rds as well! the cards i listed beat aces every time. don't believe me? call someone who has AA all-in preflop and you'll win with any of those three, guaranteed.

i deserve sainthood for patiently educating players like yourself in the subtleties of poker

fim
Old 10-28-2004, 01:43 AM

Every time I hear about aces on this forum they lose. Therefore they are the worst hand in poker.
Old 10-28-2004, 01:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Wow, you need to take your arrogant head out of your ass. What was the point of your comment that they could be holding the nuts then? In pre-flop play, AA is the BEST hand, probabilistically speaking. You're speaking in terms of... what? What can win? Obviously, ANY two cards in the whole CAN beat pocket aces... In terms of probabilities of making those hands... um, no, they are far worse.

Why don't you try answering in a civil manner without embarassing yourself by shouting insults?

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, I feel bad for slaman. Add the first and last sentence of that post together and I can see issues abound.
Old 10-28-2004, 01:54 AM

Default Re: NL - SB with AA short stacked with 4 way action and a RR to you.....

You should call and fold on the flop, even if its checked to you.
Wait, I got a better idea go all in