Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-25-2004, 01:29 PM

Default Re: NFL Predictions

Prediction: The Vikings win the NFC North only to lose to the Packers in the playoffs.
Old 10-25-2004, 02:02 PM

They barely beat Miami, San Fran, Cinci and Buffalo. All by one score or less. Those are arguably the 4 worst teams in football. The only good team they played, they scored 7 points and lost. The Jets will finish 9-7 at best and miss the playoffs. Care to make a wager on it?
Old 10-25-2004, 02:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The only good team they played, they scored 7 points and lost.

[/ QUOTE ]
Against one of the best, if not the best, defenses in the entire league.

[ QUOTE ]

The Jets will finish 9-7 at best and miss the playoffs. Care to make a wager on it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Over something as silly as that? I don't even like the Jets, I'm sure as hell not putting money down on them. I agree with you whole-heartedly, they haven't crushed the teams they should be crushing. But then again, neither have the Pats. They didn't exactly dominate Buffalo or Arizona, and I think there's little doubt that they're still the team to beat.

If the Jets miss the playoffs however, I'll be sure to come on here and tell everyone how brilliant you are and how dumb I am. Is that OK?
Old 10-25-2004, 04:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Prediction: The Vikings win the NFC North only to lose to the Packers in the playoffs.

[/ QUOTE ]

You packer fans crack me up! Last time I checked they didnt let 3-13 teams in the playoffs [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 10-25-2004, 04:30 PM

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In risposta di:</font><hr />
They barely beat Miami, San Fran, Cinci and Buffalo. All by one score or less. Those are arguably the 4 worst teams in football. The only good team they played, they scored 7 points and lost. The Jets will finish 9-7 at best and miss the playoffs. Care to make a wager on it?

[/ QUOTE ]

i agree with this analysis.
Old 10-26-2004, 10:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You packer fans crack me up! Last time I checked they didnt let 3-13 teams in the playoffs [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

If I recall, the last time the Vikings were 6-0, they didn't make the playoffs either.

And I'll take bets on the 3-13 record. After all, they still have to play the Vikings twice.
Old 10-26-2004, 09:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
actually, i think the jets are one of the top teams in the nfl right now. martin has returned to top form, i still think pennington is one of the top QB's in the league although he HAS struggled. and the jets played the patriots tough yesterday AT gillette stadium. i'm a believer.

btw, when you say cards in 5 does that mean you're praying they even make it to game 5?

[/ QUOTE ]

I was at that game Sunday and couldn't believe how conservative the Jet game plan was. They never opened up the offense at all and were intent on trying to establish the running game all the way to the end. I thought this had more to do with them scoring only 7 pts than the defense.
Old 10-26-2004, 09:35 PM

why does everyone think the pack will make the playoffs? because they won 2 games in a row? arent they still 3-4?
Old 11-01-2004, 10:45 AM

3 games now. And the Vikings have started their annual slide back down to normalcy.

The Vikings face Indy next week on Monday night and then the Packers after a short week. The Pack have a bye next week and will be well rested for the Vikings. The next few weeks will be interesting.