Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-19-2004, 08:59 AM

Default Re: Poker Superstars Invitational will return in 2005

[ QUOTE ]
If you've never seen the Poker at the Plaza telecasts use Bittorrent and download them, they are easily the best broadcast poker shows with top notch players.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree that that is one of the best ever televised. But not THE best!

Do you guys remember the tournament that FSN showed LIVE? That was by far the best. No editing. You got to see every hand. What was shown in that event was the greatest display on TV up to this point.
Old 10-19-2004, 09:32 AM

Which one was that? Foxwoods?
Old 10-19-2004, 09:44 AM

Actually neither more hands or more audio is the most important thing, the most important thing is changing the stack size vs blind ratio to enable more sophisticated post flop play. As it is right now there are too many mathematically compelled all in lunges which are frankly boring.

Do you not understand that it's intentional? That mathimatically compelled all in lunges are all that Holdem on TV is about, period??
Old 10-19-2004, 09:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Which one was that? Foxwoods?

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe it was the Turning Stone in Verona, NY. [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Old 10-19-2004, 09:46 AM

I believe Fox Sports had the Turning Stone , the American Poker Championship broadcasted live.

I really would like to see that one -- could someone please direct me to where to download it (if available) or share/exchange the footage. Contact me via email.
Old 10-19-2004, 09:48 AM

I didn't realize there was a bunch of footage available online. Can someone post some links?
Old 10-19-2004, 09:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Do you not understand that it's intentional? That mathimatically compelled all in lunges are all that Holdem on TV is about, period??

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree. That is not what it's all about. But since this is a subjective issue, my opinion doesn't mean much.

The WSOP 03 that started the TV poker craze became popular for a number of reasons. I doubt #1 on that list was the public's desire to see all-in madness.

If you doubt that, just take a look at the Ultimate Poker Challenge. I can't imagine it's getting good ratings, and it's the worst poker broadcast that I have seen.

All they show is all-in hands. The current quality and success of that show tells me that all-in races are not what brings the audience back for more. [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Old 10-19-2004, 09:57 AM

Heh fimbulwinter, may I ask where you found "Poker at the Plaza" episodes? Once you're done, would you be able to post a link to the torrent file on here?

Regarding, PSI episodes , to date I've found 7 episodes (how many have there been?) which is probably all of them. Go to http://tvtorrents.net

I'm willing to exchange them with others if any1 has some poker videos of interest, especially Poker at the Plaza or the live broadcast of the Turning Stone American Poker Championship. Email me.
Old 10-19-2004, 10:24 AM

Poker at the Plaza and Turning Stone APC - Live have one thing in common - Howard Lederer commentary.
Old 10-19-2004, 01:25 PM

howard lederer's commentary is exactly why I'm so keen on getting a hold of a copy of them ... he is very analytical and insightful

unfortunately, don't know where/how to get them