Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-13-2004, 11:47 AM

Default Re: Des scratches his head on The Bubble- \"Oh Well\"

[ QUOTE ]
the first one, i don't raise all-in with AJs in that situation

[/ QUOTE ]

By now I would have noticed who is going to call with weak aces when you raise, there is 1000 in the pot, although i hate to say this Desdia72's action is correct in this case in my opinion. I wish he wouldn't post bad beats though.

Regards Mack
Old 10-13-2004, 12:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
1) everybody at the table knew i had a semi-tight image and was showing down the best hands and 2) if you couple in my semi-tight image and if you go by the theorum that you need a better hand to call a raise with (even if it's an all-in) than you need to raise with, then he ought to have figured he was in bad shape to be calling that amount chips with only A 4o (especially after he took a very long time to call).

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't understand why people say this. For the average part I truly believe most of my sit and go opponents to be completely oblivious to what image I'm trying to develop.

these people are not rocket scientists, that's why they are so easy to beat. they don't pay attention to the fact that you're showin down primo all the time and get themselves involved in a dominated situation much too easily.

more advanced players pay attention to image, most dullards you'll be up against don't.
Old 10-13-2004, 12:36 PM

Agreed.
The only thing $5 opponents notice is when you steal their blinds every time around. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 10-13-2004, 06:48 PM

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t400 (5 handed)

SB (t8960)
Hero (t3415)
UTG (t3100)
MP (t8100)
Button (t3425)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG folds, MP calls t400, Button folds, SB folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises to t3390</font>, MP calls t2990.

Flop: (t6880) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>

Turn: (t6880) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>

River: (t6880) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>

Final Pot: t6880

Hero has Ad Jd (one pair, aces).
MP has Ah 4s (two pair, aces and fours).
Outcome: MP wins t6880.

---------------------------------------------------------

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t200 (4 handed)

Hero (t680)
SB (t5275)
BB (t5545)
UTG (t2000)

Preflop: Hero is Button with T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises to t680</font>, SB calls t580, BB folds.

Flop: (t1560) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>

Turn: (t1560) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>

River: (t1560) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>

Final Pot: t1560

Hero has Th Tc (two pair, tens and sixes).
SB has Ah 5d (two pair, aces and sixes).
Outcome: SB wins t1560.
Old 10-13-2004, 06:58 PM

were you happy or mad when he called your AJ with A4?
Old 10-13-2004, 10:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
the first one, i don't raise all-in with AJs in that situation

[/ QUOTE ]

By now I would have noticed who is going to call with weak aces when you raise, there is 1000 in the pot, although i hate to say this Desdia72's action is correct in this case in my opinion. I wish he wouldn't post bad beats though.

Regards Mack

[/ QUOTE ]

once again, this is not an argument about odds or pot odds as to why it's correct to call. going by the image i felt i had established at the table and by how long he took to call, IMO, he had to know he was behind when he called.
Old 10-13-2004, 10:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
were you happy or mad when he called your AJ with A4?

[/ QUOTE ]

i was neither here nor there with the call, mostly because he took so long to call (it made me even more certain he was behind). however, speaking on past experiences, Pokerstars has a way of making all-in callers with dominated hands against me look like Poker Genuises [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]. i don't get happy until the chips are being slid to my stack.
Old 10-13-2004, 10:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i don't get happy until the chips are being slid to my stack.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is completely not meant to be offensive Des, but you really cannot become a successful poker player if you continue to think like this.

-SmileyEH
Old 10-13-2004, 11:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i don't get happy until the chips are being slid to my stack.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is completely not meant to be offensive Des, but you really cannot become a successful poker player if you continue to think like this.

-SmileyEH

[/ QUOTE ]

whatever you say, Doyle.
Old 10-14-2004, 12:02 AM

Desdia,

I think I speak for everyone when I say I am sick of you disguising your bad beat posts as analyses of why your opponent called, why PokerStars is rigged, etc.

Since you say you are neither 'here nor there' with your opponent's call, let's look at the AJ/A4 hand using the Independent Chip Model (http://www.bol.ucla.edu/%7Esharnett/ICM/ICM.html).

1) opponent folds

Your stack of t4315 gives you 17.75% equity ($EV).

2) opponent calls

69.23% of the time, you win and have 25.71% equity.
23.19% of the time, you lose and have 0% equity.
7.58% of the time, you split and have 15.66% equity.

Your weighted equity if your opponent calls is .6923*25.71 + .0758*15.66 = 18.97%

Clearly you should have been happy your opponent called. If your opponents never made mistakes, then you could never overcome the rake, let alone win at poker!

Nobody cares about the table image you established --- you shouldn't have been angry your opponent called in the first place. Would you prefer to face tight-aggressive $200 SNG opponents who wouldn't limp-fold or limp-call with A4o in the first place?

I didn't think so.