Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-12-2004, 12:04 AM

Default Re: WORST....FOLD.....EVER!!!!

[ QUOTE ]
I think he was being sarcastic

sorry to bug you again daliman, but another thought of the hand....at least you can say
"Quad aces" when you get into a
"biggest lay down" discussion [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, it's the second time this WEEK i folded quad aces.

Course, the other time board was AA3AA and i had 68o in the BB that i folded on the river.....
Old 10-12-2004, 03:08 AM

Stop being so results oriented.

eastbay
Old 10-12-2004, 08:20 AM

well, technically, you didn't fold quad Aces... you folded 2 Aces. The fact that they turned into quads, well, that's a diff subject. I agree, very results oriented, lol.

Gavin Griffin
Old 10-12-2004, 08:31 AM

i folded the best straight flush on the river once because i didnt notice my flush included a straight and i was sure the other guy had the best flush - the other guy did have the best flush but strangely it still felt crappy

i'm with wildwilly that you should keep your mouth shut

stripsqueez - chickenhawk
Old 10-12-2004, 09:47 AM

Yeah, I was attempting sarcasm on a message board.

The lesson?

I'm a moron (as usual).
Old 10-12-2004, 11:20 AM

ive long wondered, and hopefully someone can answer, what is it with the you have options at message, ive seen it a few times when going through hand histories off teamfu and such and never got it. just what are the options, why do you want them, and why does it tell you you have them?

the one thing i would say, i dont like people who give away what they would of had after a hand - its a bit of i dont care, and so what weve all been there.

telling people you had an ace during it, when two turned up is somewhere between rude, crude and down right bad ettiquette (and thats if i dont want to be censored here when saying this).

Phill
Old 10-12-2004, 11:26 AM

The options message means that you have a decision to make at another table. If you have never multitabled (played more than one table at a time) then you would never have had the opportunity to see the message pop up.

As far as people saying they had the A or whatever when three come on the flop, I think it's much less rude/crude than what is said most of the time on PP. Generally it is sort of a neat "I would have had quads," too bad I didn't call statement.
Old 10-12-2004, 11:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The options message means that you have a decision to make at another table. If you have never multitabled (played more than one table at a time) then you would never have had the opportunity to see the message pop up.

As far as people saying they had the A or whatever when three come on the flop, I think it's much less rude/crude than what is said most of the time on PP. Generally it is sort of a neat "I would have had quads," too bad I didn't call statement.

[/ QUOTE ]

never multied on party (well to be fair never played cash on party yet). ta for the answer tho, been bugging me a while.

and yes, its not the worst ive seen written on a table, but if you come on here id like to think you have the sence and good manners to realise its not the done thing. making these comments during a hand is for me about the lowest you can go, almost as bad as telling someone how youll play out of turn. it may not seem that bad, but it can and does influence a hand dramatically.

Phill
Old 10-12-2004, 12:03 PM

Can't agree enough. Very serious breach of etiquette!

You told PokerMill that at least one of the Aces was out so he bet second pair. Then on the turn you confirmed that at least 3 were gone. If I were him I would have bet it also. You should be seriously ashamed about your collusion (intentional or not) with him.
Old 10-12-2004, 12:33 PM

If you really think damn=I had an ace, then I will start saying random stuff whenever I fold preflop... Maybe it will make people bust earlier in and increase my equity.