Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-11-2004, 11:48 AM

Default Re: California Aggression?

I was at that table (the guy who talked to you when you were waiting for the valet). This guy was 100% auto raise for 2.5 hours. It was excellent watching him. When the action got to him, he'd call time, methodically look at his cards, and then put one more bet in than was necessary to call. He was very calm like a BJ player putting more bets out.

This guy was a thoroughbred. Very quiet and pleasant unlike any other maniac I've ever seen. He got a real peaceful, serene joy out of the action.

It really didn't matter where you sat in this game. This guy was automatic. I was glad to be on his right though. There was no isolating him period. The whole table, for the most part seemed to think that it was not 20-40, but 60-20-40 and played any cheese for 60.

He then lost his stack (he was hitting an unbeleivable amount for 2 hours) and had 3k under his rack. He slowed down for about 2 hrs, raising only w/ face cards and any suited [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]. Lost that 3k. Bought more then went on a rush and autoraised again for 2 more hours. This happened one more time when I had to leave at 11 am when I had to catch a plane.

I had to conclude that he as there for the joy of the rush and did not really care how much he won or lost. And he really had some rushes.

What a great table. Sort of glad you had to go though. You were one of the few that still played 20 while most of the rest played 60-40. I'm sure that I'd have made a rack less if you'd stayed.

PT