Default Re: Getting the most out of Poker Tracker

[ QUOTE ]

< 1.0
1.0 - 1.5
1.5 - 2.0
> 2.0

Would that work for me?

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya, if you aren't including PF, that looks good..
Old 10-08-2004, 11:20 AM

I think 20% VP$IP may be too tight for the .50/1 and 1/2 games at Party, though I think for the 2/4 and 3/6 below 20 makes sense.

I've only got about 2000 hands on PokerTracker since I adjusted my game to come down from 30 % (Thanks 2+2ers for helping me see the light). The results seem good. I'll look for some sample hands that highlight where I think I'm profitably deviating from the 2+2 party line.

Though I'm new online and to PokerTracker I've got B&M experience in the Bay Area card rooms all the way back to the 1970s and I just think that in the main the micro limit players are more than bad enough and passive enough that you shouldn't lay down the additional hands that it takes to get VP$IP to 20 percent or under.
Old 10-08-2004, 11:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think 20% VP$IP may be too tight for the .50/1 and 1/2 games at Party, though I think for the 2/4 and 3/6 below 20 makes sense.

I've only got about 2000 hands on PokerTracker since I adjusted my game to come down from 30 % (Thanks 2+2ers for helping me see the light). The results seem good. I'll look for some sample hands that highlight where I think I'm profitably deviating from the 2+2 party line.

Though I'm new online and to PokerTracker I've got B&M experience in the Bay Area card rooms all the way back to the 1970s and I just think that in the main the micro limit players are more than bad enough and passive enough that you shouldn't lay down the additional hands that it takes to get VP$IP to 20 percent or under.

[/ QUOTE ]
20% isn't too tight. 20% is just right, I'd say. Higher than 21% or so is probably a bit too high, though it certainly could be justified if you're REALLY good (like CDC) postflop. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-08-2004, 11:22 AM

Hey guys...quick question: how do you get your standard deviation from PT? I can't find that stat anywhere. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 10-08-2004, 11:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hey guys...quick question: how do you get your standard deviation from PT? I can't find that stat anywhere. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

'More Detail' in the Session Notes tab..
Old 10-08-2004, 02:35 PM

Thanks for all the great advice so far!

I have posted a few hands and certainly will post more in the future. (There was one from yesterday that still bugs me where I attempted to steal but then folded heads up to a flop check-raise. I haven't been able to get an erection since!)

This may sound obnoxious but when you're winning at the rate I'm winning at it's very difficult to be critical of your own play. That being said I really am critical of my play but just don't understand the stats the way I should. I realize that I'm not the best player in the world and need much improvement but it's been hard to adjust my play without risking losing the momentum I have going and suddenly find myself completely in the tank. Some of you may remember a post of mine when I blamed SSH for causing me to loose my mojo a few months ago, as I altered my weak tight style that had been winning to fit the aggro style that SSH recommended. I really took a beating being too aggressive. After posting a few hands it was pointed out to me by many of you that I wasn't applying those concepts correctly. My game has improved considerably since then and I hope Poker Tracker will prove to help me even more. The numbers show I've reverted back to a weaker/ passive style but damnit I'm winning with it! I know I shouldn't be results oriented and want to be more aggro but in the right spots.

I was hoping to get some good advice on benchmark numbers to aspire to within the players stats. What about folding on the flop, turn and river? How about winning $ when seeing flop? All of them really? I would love to see anybody with HUGE hand numbers from .50/1 Party who are big winners benchmarks. I have this gnawing suspicion that .50/1 Party requires a different playing style to get the maximum BB/100 than what most of the tougher games require.
Old 10-08-2004, 02:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

...or the General tab
Old 10-08-2004, 02:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

...or the General tab

[/ QUOTE ]
I found it, thanks.

Does anyone know if you can merge two databases in PT?

Rob
Old 10-08-2004, 03:10 PM

Ghost: Where on the general tab? I never saw it anywhere else...

Entity: I beleive you have to export one and import it in the other.. Only way I ever did it anyway,
Old 10-08-2004, 04:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You can now import OBSERVED games as well as the ones you play in. I have 2 PC's with 4 games open 24/7 just watching players.

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't actually have to be sitting at the table for Party to be writing the hand histories to the HD? That's news to me if it's true.