Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-06-2004, 12:30 AM

Default Re: Moving up to party 100

[ QUOTE ]
Really? I always thought the typical rate of a good player was 8-10 BB/100, with BB being two times the big blind. If that's not the case, then I'm averaging about 14 big blinds/100 over 30k hands. This has been over several different limits, but I thought I was still aspiring to reach something higher. I think 17-19 big blinds/100 is certainly attainable for me (if I could just drop my damn TPTK to a turned min-checraise) in the long run. Sponger, I expect yours will be much higher in the long run as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wait a second, I was under the impression that

10 BB/100 = $10 every 100 hands in a $1 Big Bling game

Why would a "BB" be double the big blind?
Old 10-06-2004, 12:39 AM

ha! you liar [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] . i told you 11.7 BB/100 seemed too high. how did you figure we would know you meant big blinds, especially since we know you have PT?

on 2+2 nearly everyone talks about winrates in "big bets/100." a big bet is twice the big blind in no limit because that's what it is in limit. it's not just a crazy PT convention.
Old 10-06-2004, 12:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]

on 2+2 nearly everyone talks about winrates in "big bets/100." a big bet is twice the big blind in no limit because that's what it is in limit. it's not just a crazy PT convention.

[/ QUOTE ]

There is no big bet in no limit, the minimum bet is the same on every street, its the size of the big blind.

i am so confused now
Old 10-06-2004, 12:44 AM

nevertheless, when you talk about BB/100 for NL on 2+2 you usually mean big bets, and big bets are 2xBB.
Old 10-06-2004, 12:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
nevertheless, when you talk about BB/100 for NL on 2+2 you usually mean big bets, and big bets are 2xBB.

[/ QUOTE ]

I see, well I suck at poker then.
Old 10-06-2004, 12:55 AM

LOL well you aren't God anymore. 5.85 isn't too bad, i'm only at 6.43 right now. 8 is my goal.
Old 10-06-2004, 09:48 AM

Default We should solve this ridiculous \"big bet\" controversy

In my experience, big bets was a limit term used to describe your win rate. Now it makes sense to use that term when referring to NL win rates in order to be able to compare our win rates with limit players. So we should just take the win rate quoted in the PT database straight up (and not double it like we were doing before) and use that as the figure?

God I am confused.
Old 10-06-2004, 11:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
$10-13/hr/table 3-4 tabling at the 50 game

[/ QUOTE ]

You are either making this number up or you don't have that many hands under your belt.

If you were really making 17-22BB/100 (this # would be different if you were playing 6max though? it would be nice if you indicated that as well) you wouldn't need anyones help or you wouldn't have as much trouble as you say you have at the $100

[/ QUOTE ]

$12/hr/table would be 6BB/100 as Pokertracker defines it, which is very doable imho.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, they dont deal 100 hands/hour at the 10 max, so it'd have to be a little higher, maybe 40% or so.
Old 10-06-2004, 11:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I thought of three questions that would help me play.
A. What is a general guideline for preflop play?

-Raise AK, AA, KK, QQ, adding in JJ TT and AQ in late positions

-Call raises with AK, pocket pairs if you think you will get paid off

-limp with Axs or suited connectors in late position behind a good number of limpers

That's what I've got right now.

B. How should one select tables?

C. When is it correct not to bet the full pot? Should one always bet 2/3 or 3/4 pot instead?

[/ QUOTE ]

You might want to start a new thread for this one, guy.

A and B are pretty much how I play, Ill usually call raises with AQ as well (and AJ or ATs if he's laggy), unless its suspiciously large.

I dont usually make pots-sized bets unless a)the pot is real small b)I put the other guy on a draw and want to charge him or c)I have a big hand and have reason to believe he'll call with a worse one. Maybe Im just a wuss, dunno. Oh sorry, d)Im on UB with a big hand and there everybody's so used to seeing pot-sized bets they have no problem with calling.
Old 10-07-2004, 05:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm a bodyboarder, so yes, I do know that, it was the point.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice to see not just another SpongeBob fan [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]