Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-05-2004, 10:20 PM

Default Re: Part of your answer lies here...

ROFLMAO
Old 10-05-2004, 10:45 PM

Default Re: Does anyone REALLY know whats going on with online poker?

AA is only supposed to win about 33% of the time so if you are losing about 70% of the time thats about what you would expect. you need to get all the money in on the 33% of the time that you do win.
Old 10-05-2004, 11:07 PM

Hmmm... that's weird.

I just checked my stats and my AA wins 79.66% of the 177 times I've had it (since August 9, 2004).

I'm sure many other posters have similar (and more statistically signifant) results.

Hashi92, welcome to the forum.
Old 10-06-2004, 01:37 AM

Nice to see such a refreshing new take on a very old and tired topic. Thank you very much.

Now piss up a fuggin rope
Old 10-06-2004, 01:44 AM

Best thing about these posts: you just can't get enough of them. Really! We really need MORE posts just like this one.

Wow! Awesome!
Old 10-06-2004, 08:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
And if they did do these types of things is it illegal?

[/ QUOTE ]

Illegal where?
You do realize that these sites do not operate in the US right?

If the authorities on Isle of Man or costa Rica or wherever it is their based want to more strictly legislate the randomness of the deal on Party and then sentence all of the local Party employees to 75 years in a small cell then it is up to them.

It is up to them whether they actually want to honor the agreement with you and pay you when you cash-out. It is up to them whether they want to rig the deal or not in a bizarre feeble effort to prevent their fish from going broke as fast.

However, it is also in their best interested to pay you your money when you cash-out...to keep the money-train rolling in.

It is also in the nature of the game that fish will win just often enough to keep them coming back. There is no need to rig it.

I have read posts that have said poker sites would want to rig it to prevent the fish from losing their money too fast.
I have also read posts that have said poker sites would want to rig it to take the money from the fish faster so they would deposit again and again.
I have even read posts from people who thought party was going to close their account because they were playing too much on their site.

All of this stuff is ridiculous.
The game of hold-em (or other poker games) already makes enough money for the site as it is.
Tinkering with the deal one way (help the fish) or another (hurt the fish) isn't going to help their bottom line.

If you believe that online sites rig the deal for purposes of keeping the fish longer than you should also suspect B&M card-rooms of hiring crooked dealers who will deal the cards in such a way that the fish on the other end of the table who plays J6o always catches runner-runner 2-pair to beat my QQ.....oh wait....that's what happened in my last B&M session.
I WANT MY MONEY BACK!!!
THIEFS!!!!
Old 10-06-2004, 10:11 AM

I think you are referring to the (completely unrealistic) situation where the game is ten handed and everyone goes to showdown.
Old 10-06-2004, 01:39 PM

Yeah. The winning rate of AA is already being discussed on another thread now, where astroglide posited that long term results should come in somewhere between 75% and 80% as I remember, and somewhere between 2.5 and 3.0 BB won per hand. Mine after 50k hands hits 75% and 2.5 BB, falling right in line.

Your win rate for AA is not normally going to be as low as 33%.