Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Home Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-06-2004, 01:26 AM

Default Re: smashing pumpkins chips

Sorry, this will be my last hijacking of this thread. Here are some decent pictures of the doom enemies that you might be able to use (if you're not already)

http://www.planetdoom.com/doom/characters/
Old 10-06-2004, 01:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Sorry, this will be my last hijacking of this thread. Here are some decent pictures of the doom enemies that you might be able to use (if you're not already)

http://www.planetdoom.com/doom/characters/

[/ QUOTE ]

Jees, what memories that brings... mowing down Imps in a doorway 'til they pile up a hundred deep. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Ten
Old 10-06-2004, 02:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
My biggest problem is coming up with text to go with it, or a background.

[/ QUOTE ]

idkfa
idbehold
and then the quintessential:
idspispopd

ah the memories
Old 10-06-2004, 02:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
My biggest problem is coming up with text to go with it, or a background.

[/ QUOTE ]

idkfa
idbehold
and then the quintessential:
idspispopd

ah the memories

[/ QUOTE ]

And iddqd, god mode. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Ten
Old 10-06-2004, 08:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Maybe if you choose a real band that actually had some talent, sure.

[/ QUOTE ]

Let me guess. You don't like the guy's voice? I'm sure that's it because it is undeniable they had talent to spare.

Billy Corgan is looked at as a virtuoso by his peers. Not only creatively, but he is a consummate master of technique and artistry. This band had the best lead guitar player, drummer, and lyricist of the last 15 years. I'll concede vocals because they're understandably hard to get used to, but if you can get past that there's nothing left standing except pure talent.

To say otherwise shows nothing but ignorance for music as an art form.
Old 10-06-2004, 09:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Let me guess. You don't like the guy's voice? I'm sure that's it because it is undeniable they had talent to spare.

Billy Corgan is looked at as a virtuoso by his peers. Not only creatively, but he is a consummate master of technique and artistry. This band had the best lead guitar player, drummer, and lyricist of the last 15 years. I'll concede vocals because they're understandably hard to get used to, but if you can get past that there's nothing left standing except pure talent.

[/ QUOTE ]

To think you are going to get someone to manufacture these chips without permission of the cover artists shows nothing but ignorance for copyright laws.
Old 10-06-2004, 10:49 AM

Bulldog is correct. You must receive permission from the band to use their album art cover. However this is not impossible to do. My suggestion is to e-mail/call the producing company associated with the band and go from there. I custom made Pink Floyd chips and I received authorization from the artist who created the Dark Side of the Moon prism so that I could use the prism on my chips. It's difficult but not impossible.

Good luck.
Old 10-06-2004, 12:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

To think you are going to get someone to manufacture these chips without permission of the cover artists shows nothing but ignorance for copyright laws.

[/ QUOTE ]

To think I was going to use those exact images shows nothing but ignorance for the definition of word 'themed'.

Original artwork inspired by the covers.
Old 10-06-2004, 07:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ROFL, OK they had talent, but they didn't have the best anything. Eddie Vedder and Chris Cornell are better lyricists and songwriters than Corgan ever dreamed. That doesn't even count some dude that's dead who used to play for some band named Nirvana.

Moving along to lead guitar, I guess you've never heard Rage Against the Machine play or you'd think twice about that.

Drummer, the dude isn't even in the top 10 of the last 15 years, give me abreak man.

I was certainly exaggerating that they don't have talent, but you seem to think that they were all that and they certainly weren't. They barely made a dent in the scene.
Old 10-06-2004, 07:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ROFL, OK they had talent, but they didn't have the best anything. Eddie Vedder and Chris Cornell are better lyricists and songwriters than Corgan ever dreamed. That doesn't even count some dude that's dead who used to play for some band named Nirvana.

Moving along to lead guitar, I guess you've never heard Rage Against the Machine play or you'd think twice about that.

Drummer, the dude isn't even in the top 10 of the last 15 years, give me abreak man.

I was certainly exaggerating that they don't have talent, but you seem to think that they were all that and they certainly weren't. They barely made a dent in the scene.

[/ QUOTE ]

Damm Stew, talk about raining on someone's parade. [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] The guy likes a band, wants to make a set of poker chips because he likes them, and you want to trash his idea based on your opinion of their musical talent? What good do you think you were doing him or anyone else?

Ten