Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-02-2004, 06:39 PM

Default Re: A Public Thank You

[ QUOTE ]
How do you know they aren't folding J4o and 72s?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, if they are folding it when you hold 64o and 32o, respectively, they are making huge mistakes... [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Seriously though, you don't have to be a complete maniac, but against certain opponents, it is definitely +EV, and probably not very far from optimal play, simply to raise with anything, in certain circumstances.
Old 10-03-2004, 09:35 AM

Default Re: A Public Thank You

Who said I never raise perpetually limping SBs? Or that the only time I would do it is with AA? Not me.

What a rough crowd.

However, if I have a stack of T2000 heads up with the blinds at T300 where every raise is an all-in situation for your tournament life, you will not see me raising a SB limper with garbarge that often. I will be glad to see as many free flops as possible.

However, when I have T4000 and the blinds are at T100, I will raise a SB limper almost every time.

Let's see, did I not make my examples specific enough? Any chance for people to draw mistaken conclusions. Rats, there is potential for misunderstanding all over the place. Oh well, might as well hit the continue button and go have breakfast.