Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-30-2004, 03:37 PM

Default Re: I know there has to be an answer to this

[ QUOTE ]
However, the ultimate point of this will be to generate discussion as to what can be done about the most prominent downfall in all of online poker, especially low limit, Hold-em.

[/ QUOTE ]

I read your entire post twice, and I couldn't figure out what the "most prominent downfall in all of online poker, especially low limit, Hold-em." was.

Wait, I just figured it out.

It's reading (and listening to) all the low-limit "experts" whine about the game when the truth is they play like sh[/b]it.
Old 09-30-2004, 03:44 PM

Default I guess I deserved that

Sorry about that post. I was just venting. I'm over it now. I am usually more mature about losing, I guess I deserved the ridicule for that rant. I however, never said they were rigged.

Thanks to those who took the time to respond, especially the story about the kayak trip. That really put it in perspective.

As far as me not knowing what I am doing at a poker table, put me on your buddy lists then.

PG
Old 09-30-2004, 03:49 PM

You've found the right place. Look around the Small Stakes and Mirco Limit forums, reply to some hands, post some hands. Discuss some strategy and work on your game.

Maybe then you won't suck at poker so much.

Welcome to the forum,
Joe Tall
Old 09-30-2004, 03:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I just lost a pot that was $112 in a 2-4 limit game. that's 28 big bets (w/ AK offsuit I raised, and yes I had the best hand preflop in a 7 way pot).

So any suggestions would be much appreciated.

PG

[/ QUOTE ]

Post the hand history for this hand.

And please tell me you didn't try going to the river with A high in a pot against 7 people?

Also- unless all 7 went to the river and you saw all 7 hands, how do you know yours was the best pre-flop? and if one was say 99, how much better was yours really?
Old 09-30-2004, 04:31 PM

Default All Apologies

Actually that whole post is nothing but a useless rant, I know there's no magic formula to making great starting hands hold up, you have to grind it out and make smart decisions along the way. I was just pissed, and although the post has a 'why does this always happen to me' feel to it, I didn't intend for it to really generate any useful discussion.

It was pretty much a waste of everyone's time, and for that I apologize.

"Also- unless all 7 went to the river and you saw all 7 hands, how do you know yours was the best pre-flop? and if one was say 99, how much better was yours really?"

That's a valid point. I don't know what anyone elses cards were, and my comment was ill-informed.

As far as the hand goes, it wasn't very recent (within the last week or so). If I recall I flopped top pair and the winner won the pot with like Q-3 offsuit when the flop brought a 3 as did the river. It was annoying not to be able to push out such a poor hand preflop. But that's poker.

PG
Old 09-30-2004, 04:34 PM

Default Re: All Apologies

I'm trying to be helpful here, any maybe help point out some leaks.

I don't know how many pots I would be in for 28 BB with only TPTK. something to think about?
Old 09-30-2004, 04:40 PM

Default Re: All Apologies

[ QUOTE ]
If I recall I flopped top pair and the winner won the pot with like Q-3 offsuit when the flop brought a 3 as did the river. It was annoying not to be able to push out such a poor hand preflop. But that's poker.

PG

[/ QUOTE ]

Why the hell would you want to push out Q3o preflop. Just another sign you don't get poker.
Old 09-30-2004, 04:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What stakes are you playing? At 2/4 or 3/6, a winning player can expect to lose 1000 dollars at some point in his career. Of course, I don't think you're much of a winning player.

[/ QUOTE ]

I burned through $1,000 in Pabst Blue Ribbon's last night, and I don't feel like a winner now either.
Old 09-30-2004, 04:55 PM

bwahahaahhahahaa

And Bison, you're my favorite -- when I build up my bankroll enough to deposit, I wanna be just like you. Well, better, but you get the idea. :P

-d
Old 09-30-2004, 05:21 PM

Default Re: I guess I deserved that

[ QUOTE ]

As far as me not knowing what I am doing at a poker table, put me on your buddy lists then.

PG

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay. What are you names on the various sites?