Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-30-2004, 12:38 PM

Default Re: Crosspost - best quiz ever

[ QUOTE ]
4) You're in the big blind with Ah 3h. There have been no raises, five people see the flop Td 8h 5h. You have checked and called the flop (seat # 4 has been the bettor) and all four remaining players have checked the turn (Ks). A third heart comes on the river (9h) and the small blind comes out betting. What do you do?

fold (2 points)

[/ QUOTE ]

why are you getting points for folding? can you really put him on 7h6h?
Old 09-30-2004, 01:30 PM

"The raiser figures to have a high pair or AK as well (remember, he's a professional player raising under the gun). Why get involved when your hand is an underdog to begin with?"

How about because he would raise with JJ, QQ, KK, AA, AK, and probably AQ. There's 6+6+3+3+9+12 = 39 combinations of these hands out there. Only 6 have you dominated, you're a coin flip with 21 of them, and you have the better of 12 of them. Add this to the fact that you're getting 5-to-3 for you money when you're actually winning 50.46% of the time (according to my awful calculations, so it's probably a little off) and I can see why you'd want to fold.

"You don't know where you're at in the hand: if you flop a king, you might lose a lot of money; if you flop an ace when the raiser has in fact a wired pair, you might not get any action; if you flop nothing but he doesn't have anything either he might outplay you and make you lay down the best hand."

Understandable explanation, but I guess we're assuming that we are a moron who isn't going to know how to play on the flop like our "expert" opponent.
Old 09-30-2004, 01:39 PM

Rolf Slotboom ??

I took this a while ago, as Bob Ciaffone's Limit Hold-em Quiz :

Quiz