Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Were the two players colluding?
Yes 9 15.25%
No 31 52.54%
How should I know? 19 32.20%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-30-2004, 09:57 AM

Default Re: Stealing (Poll)

I chose Mid-Low pair and any 2 paint. However, I am likely to open/raise with more hands than those in this situation, but not just any 2. suited connectors as low as 5-6, and 9-To would be some likely combinations for me to open raise with in this situation.

According to your read of the table, most steals have been successful. I'll try to maximize on that by stealing with a few extra hands.

--Casey
Old 09-30-2004, 10:08 AM

This was fun. I wasn't sure if this would get buried, and have no interest, or would get some true interest. I'm glad it did. It was unfortunate that such a bland situation had to be created, but had to choose something.

I'd like to ask this though. I'm very surprised there are not more people saying "Any Two Cards?"

This is a perfect situation to be taking control of a table, and stealing with any two cards when folded to you in MP. Is there risk? Yes. But more than 2 of 3 times you are going to get the blinds, and the rest of the time if you are called and you bet the flop, you'll take it down. I dont see how this cannot be +EV, especially in the situation described in the primary post.

Someone talk me out of stealing with any 2 here.

Nick
Old 09-30-2004, 10:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This is a perfect situation to be taking control of a table, and stealing with any two cards when folded to you in MP. Is there risk? Yes. But more than 2 of 3 times you are going to get the blinds, and the rest of the time if you are called and you bet the flop, you'll take it down. I dont see how this cannot be +EV, especially in the situation described in the primary post.

Someone talk me out of stealing with any 2 here.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am all in favor of attacking the blinds from MP and beyond, but I am skeptical of doing it without some semblance of a hand. Whether it be 76o or k5s, but I probably wouldn't do it with pure trash from MP.
Old 09-30-2004, 12:05 PM

<font color="blue"> There are also no hugely aggressive players at your table, and most steal attempts are folded down to. </font>

not any two, but certainly any pair, any two broadway, most aces, Kings down to 8, suited connectors.
Old 09-30-2004, 12:11 PM

I was one of the few who chose any two cards.

I think stealing with any two is viable as long as you also play well after the flop.

For Instance if it came Ace high and you opponent lead out with a smallish bet are you going to fold everytime? If you answer yes then I think you should wait for a half decent hand before stealing.

If your willing to re-raise a possible weak bet with rags then the cards can become irrelevant.
Old 09-30-2004, 03:37 PM

I'd steal a lot more if there were antes in the pot. Without antes my stealing frequency will be signifigantly less.
Old 10-01-2004, 08:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
<font color="blue"> There are also no hugely aggressive players at your table, and most steal attempts are folded down to. </font>

not any two, but certainly any pair, any two broadway, most aces, Kings down to 8, suited connectors.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea, what he said. I really _want_ to say any two, but for some reason I still insist on some postflop value.