Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-24-2004, 04:33 PM

Default Re: Atlantic City. Is it worth it?

[ QUOTE ]
I'd liked to meat some 2+2ers.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hopefully you will only "meat" those of the opposite gender. Sorry, couldn't resist.
Old 09-24-2004, 10:54 PM

Max cab fare in AC is $8 + tip.
Old 09-27-2004, 07:08 PM

Your only 2 hours from Tunica unless you just WANT to go to A.C. I would say no. You have all the poker action you need in Tunica at Horseshoe. Not worth the airfare for the different games your see in A.C.
Old 09-27-2004, 07:41 PM

ballys to trop has got to be only half mile tops, but i could be wrong i suppose
Old 09-28-2004, 12:36 AM

I don't know why everyone is making a big deal about Pacific Avenue at night. First time I walked to the Trop at night, I got offered cocaine AND a bj. Probably would have been a pretty good one too because she had no friggin teeth.
Seriously though, I was never in fear on the south end of Pacific, but it definetly seedy. It is the section of town that gambling opponents use to scare voters as the 'bad element that comes with gambling'. As stated above there is an $8 cap on the cab fare from any point in AC to any other point in AC.
Have a good time

PS when you get to the Borgata, Ask them if they can cash Stardust chips in for me
Old 09-29-2004, 12:12 PM

3 if you stay on the boardwalk and 7 on the street.
I go to the jersey shore every year and when i was a kid the whole family would go down to AC for a night for dinner and then gambling...i would hang out on the boardwalk with my stepmom who doesnt gamble. I have 3 memories from this when i was about 8 years old:
1. some guy came up to me and asked me for a light
2. a dog walked by me without an owner carrying 5 beer cans by the one empty ring in his mouth
3. a guy got stabbed and stumbled up one of the ramps onto the boardwalk holding his hands over the wound and his bloody shirt.
Old 09-29-2004, 12:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Your only 2 hours from Tunica unless you just WANT to go to A.C. I would say no. You have all the poker action you need in Tunica at Horseshoe. Not worth the airfare for the different games your see in A.C.

[/ QUOTE ]
I would agree with that. Unlike Vegas, AC doesn't have a lot worth seeing outside of the gambling. The women aren't particularly good-looking. The weather's not particularly good. The food and pools are mediocre. The ONLY reason to go to AC is to gamble and if you've already got a decent place to play, I'd skip it.
Old 09-29-2004, 02:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I would agree with that. Unlike Vegas, AC doesn't have a lot worth seeing outside of the gambling. The women aren't particularly good-looking. The weather's not particularly good. The food and pools are mediocre. The ONLY reason to go to AC is to gamble and if you've already got a decent place to play, I'd skip it.

[/ QUOTE ]

the pizza on the boardwalk is good, but besides that I agree.
Old 09-29-2004, 06:46 PM

The poker action in AC is way better than the rock garden action at the 'Shoe, and the Borgata babes are so much better than anything I saw in Tunica.

Tunica's upsides are the cheap rates and the friendly folks.