Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-20-2004, 04:11 PM

Default Re: Self-Described wanna-be Assassin attacks Laura Bush

[ QUOTE ]
So a kid who allowed a liar to manipulate him is a patriot?

I seem to understand neither patriotism nor politics.

~D

[/ QUOTE ]

If you want to be a patriot. Just emulate Michael Moore.

Michael Moore is the biggest Patriot of them all. Celebrities in hollywood say so. The New York Times say so. http://www.timeswatch.org/articles/2004/0519.asp
Many other reporters say so http://www.newcitychicago.com/chicago/3514.html.

Numerous democratic congressmen (not all thank god, only a select few, but still way too many), and people involved at the DNC, France's "highly prestigious" Cannes Film Festival, plus many other people that had mothers that smoked way to much crack while they were still in the womb. I love the media and how little they think of average american.
Old 09-20-2004, 04:30 PM

I'll never understand why people who sign up for the military complain that they shouldn't have to go oversees. If you don't want to risk going to war, don't sign up. It's just that easy.
Old 09-20-2004, 04:42 PM

Location: A nice little white house with a garden of roses. Will return to my Crawford ranch in 5 years after my Second Term. Vote for me on November 2nd. Wish me luck.

Several of you seem to think the mother should get a pass. Let me remind you:

Her son signed up voluntarily, she may or may not like it, but it was his choice not hers.

She is the one who is advocating bodily injury on someone (re-read the original post of this thread).

Should her grief eclipse the grief of all the other mothers of sons who understand the sacrifices necessary for freedom? In any group of people you can find liberals and conservatives, pro-war and anti-war, why should we have a fetish of support for this anti-war activist?

You do not own the rights to your children or to the memory of your children.

I find it hard to believe that her son could be in a bomb/munitions unit completely against his will - I think she is playing fast and loose with the facts.

Read the full interview (link in top post). She does not deserve your sympathy based on her own kookiness.
Old 09-20-2004, 04:56 PM

Just because you play fast and loose with the facts doesn't mean everybody else does.

Of course she deserves our sympathy. Her son was killed. You say it was a necessary sacrifice for freedom; she thinks otherwise. I have heard you say many times how you think about the families of our fallen heroes and how they deserve our utmost respect and sympathy.

Her comments about wanting to physically harm you are out of line. But they're nowhere near as out of line as you sending our young men and women to die in Iraq, without a plan to win the peace, and saying it's a "necessary sacrifice" for freedom.

Shame on you. I'm voting for the other guy.
Old 09-20-2004, 05:16 PM

If (and i am not saying it 100% for sure is) what the mother says is true, and the son was apprehensive about going overseas, and that was holding him back from signing up, and the recruiter said that the program he was entering would not send him overseas, and then he got sent overseas (how's that for a runon?)- he would be justified in being pissed. As would his relatives/loved ones.
Old 09-20-2004, 05:25 PM

Son,

Let's not go too far now. All parents love their kids, just like Barr and I love you.

Let the woman have her say without slammin' her down.

Don't Barr and I always support you in public, even when you are pulling another boner?

Calm down, being a one-termer ain't so bad, I should know. Barr and I will always love you son.
Old 09-20-2004, 05:27 PM

You do not own the rights to your children or to the memory of your children.

You seem to think that you own the rights to the memory of her son. Where do you get off making assumptions about what her kid did, why he did it, and why she is saying what she is saying? Did You Actually Know HIm? Or is the fact that he served in the military enough that he fits every sterotype of every military man and woman out there?

I find it hard to believe that her son could be in a bomb/munitions unit completely against his will - I think she is playing fast and loose with the facts.

So of course you, with absolutly no facts at hand, are right, and she is wrong.

Should her grief eclipse the grief of all the other mothers of sons who understand the sacrifices necessary for freedom?

Apparently there are people who don't feel that these sacrifices are necessary for freedom. But then again criticizing anyone in power would be wrong.

Read the full interview (link in top post). She does not deserve your sympathy based on her own kookiness

So aperson distraught with grief no longer deserves our sympathy because they had harsh words to say about someone you agree with?
Old 09-20-2004, 05:38 PM

I wrote empathy, not sympathy.
Old 09-20-2004, 05:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If (and i am not saying it 100% for sure is) what the mother says is true, and the son was apprehensive about going overseas, and that was holding him back from signing up, and the recruiter said that the program he was entering would not send him overseas, and then he got sent overseas (how's that for a runon?)- he would be justified in being pissed. As would his relatives/loved ones.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a good point. I wonder if the concept of expressed warranty (law term) applies to military recruiters.

If her son recieved an expressed warranty, then she should file a class action lawsuit. I'm not saying she should get money or anything, but the military recruiters should not even think about telling the kids they are recruiting something that may not end up true. The kids are literally signing her life away, they should know all of the small print. In fact, there should be a pamphlet or website entitled "top 100 complaints from volunteers" or something similar that would cover all of this kind of BS. They should be required to read it before signing. Just a thought, but it would end all of this BS.

Then again, you are signing up the military, if you don't think you are going to war if one breaks out, then you are a moron, and a leach.
Old 09-20-2004, 06:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'll never understand why people who sign up for the military complain that they shouldn't have to go oversees.

[/ QUOTE ]

Me either, that's why I don't sign up for the military. That and I'm a lousy shot. What does this have to do with my post? All I said was that GWB is really reaching for people to attack, and that he wouldn't have had a problem with this woman making statements about her sons wishes if she had taken the opposite side.

NT