Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-15-2004, 06:32 PM

Default Re: perfect pocket aces hand

by the time he reraised your minraise to 40, I think you can be pretty sure hes on KK.

The reason I don't advocate a minraise is lets say you are in his shoes, would you fold TT or QQ to a minraise? probably not. You would probably call it.
Old 09-15-2004, 06:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]

The reason I don't advocate a minraise is lets say you are in his shoes, would you fold TT or QQ to a minraise? probably not. You would probably call it.

[/ QUOTE ]

and why would that be bad? sorry if that's a dumb question, but i am new to this particular forumn. i think you especially would want the JJ/QQ to call when you have AA because they will generally go to the matt if no Ace or King falls.

cheers!
Old 09-15-2004, 06:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

and why would that be bad? sorry if that's a dumb question, but i am new to this particular forumn. i think you especially would want the JJ/QQ to call when you have AA because they will generally go to the matt if no Ace or King falls.

cheers!

[/ QUOTE ]

I think with AA, anything short of a 3 flush flop, you will probably call any push on the flop.

Now, in my experience a lot of party players would call the minraise with any PP from 77 to QQ, sometimes even KK. When the flop comes and he pushes, how do you know he spiked the set or if he has overpairs?

By raising to $40 or $50, you can at least more confidently put the caller on AK, KK, AA, QQ, JJ. True that you probably are less able to disguise your own hand as anything other than AA, KK, QQ, AKs but I find this a small price to pay.I also find that those holding QQ, JJ will call your $40 reraise just as readily as they call a $8 minraise.
Old 09-15-2004, 09:03 PM

Default Hmm. .

[ QUOTE ]
uptown_mo re-raises to $18.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is far from perfect. You just gave an opponent with 9-9 odds to spike a set on you and take your stack.
Old 09-15-2004, 09:22 PM

Default Re: Hmm. .

your an idiot read the whole thread first
Old 09-15-2004, 09:32 PM

What did I miss? I see that he raised PF, and you minimum raised him back. . What did I miss?

Seriously, why did you post this hand? Do you want us to pat you on the back for getting AA vs. KK? May I direct you to this quote by Barry Greenstein here located in the WPT forum. . .

[ QUOTE ]
Often there are hands that play themselves: if a pair of Aces goes in preflop against Kings, I view it as a cold deck. Even if the Kings win, I don’t necessarily view it as an amazing drawout, since each player would have normally played either hand all-in. If the Aces win, I don't think the victor outplayed the victim.

[/ QUOTE ]

So Mr. Poker Badass, way to outplay him.
Old 09-15-2004, 09:50 PM

again if you read you would have seen where i wrote the reason for me posting this hand.never said anything about outplaying anyone all i said was this is the situation you want to be in with aces. i don't need a pat on the back or any of your ignorant insulting remarks. so how bout you ignore all my posts from now on. ok smartass

oh bye the way i know you'll say if i didn't want the remarks then why did i post. do you see anyone else acting like an ass??
Old 09-15-2004, 10:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
your an idiot read the whole thread first

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
do you see anyone else acting like an ass??

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you call anyone else an idiot?

You played the hand pretty terrible, if you want to know the truth.

Normally he'll call your minimum raise and either fold on the flop or flop his set and bust you.

Don't post this hand and not expect to get ripped. .you played it pretty horrible, point blank.
Old 09-15-2004, 10:11 PM

look in so many of your posts all you do is talk down to people like your the best player ever. nobody cares how good you are. there's a way to help people with thier game by not being an ass. ameoba said what he had to say which was helpful without any stupid comments. that's why i called you an idiot. like i said i really don't want any of your advice or insights no matter how good you are(and your probally alot better than me)if you can't get them across nicely. say what you want ,but i'm done with this thread so flame away...
Old 09-15-2004, 10:18 PM

Do you read a lot of my posts?

This is not a shot at you but a serious question. . . I want to know if I come off as "arrogant" in all my posts. .or just this thread?