Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-15-2004, 02:41 AM

Default Re: Luske and Williams

Dont think he was crying... you could tell he was upset though... I think theyre both pretty good guys... Luske got people to laugh and Williams never gave anyone any problems.. and now they both got mad amounts of $$
Old 09-15-2004, 02:49 AM

Marcel sure is one of the three nicest guys I´ve ever played with. Actually one of the two nicest guys [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Best regards

Martin Aigner
Old 09-15-2004, 02:51 AM

I played with Luske for the majority of the day on Monday during the WSOP. He was very animated, but completely in-line. No one was offended by his antics and most were entertained. It is very hard to tell based on clips from ESPN, but having sat with him for the entire day I can tell you he is not an ass.
Old 09-15-2004, 02:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I love the way Luske took that kid under his wing. I just love it. Call me sentimental but he seems like a great guy.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. After the Stud event, I almost despised Luske, what with all the silly singing and what not. In the main event, though, Luske really seemed like a class act, and was very entertaining to watch as well. I wish he would've made the final table.
Old 09-15-2004, 03:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Ummm..Phil was shown coming back to cheer on and offer support to crowd favorite Doyle Brunson...not exactly the same thing, but the same idea.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not even close to the same idea. Phil's "support" was self-promoting, just like everything else he attempts. Have you ever seen him compliment or congratulate someone without mentioning his own accomplishments? Think about the other final table shown. "Hey buddy..5 cashes...way to go. You and me are the only ones."

Think about him with TJ last year. "He's in the top 3 all-time in earnings at the wsop. Both of us."

Even with Julian Gardner a few years ago, he mentioned being the youngest champ ever about....45 times?

He couldn't just say "Hey, good luck Doyle." He had to ham it up for the cameras and mention his own bracelet count. Hellmuth is an insecure, self-promoting jackass.

Please don't confuse that for genuine interest and concern in someone else's success.
Old 09-15-2004, 03:27 AM

"Would Phil come back to coach his newfound 23 year old buddy? Yeah right"

Sure he would.

For $25,000 an evening.
Old 09-15-2004, 06:24 AM

I enjoyed watching Luske on TV, but if I ever sat next to someone like him at a table I might just let "WOULD YOU PLEASE JUST CALM THE F_CK DOWN" come flying out of my mouth... good hearted or not.

Like I said, good to watch on tv, but probably annoying to sit next to in a big tournament. For me at least.

I hate being in 'real life' situations where I feel some weird obligation to smile or laugh at someone who's trying to be funny.
Old 09-15-2004, 08:31 AM

So true.

Even when he was embarassing himself with Doyle, it was all just for camera time and a "Hey look, I'm buddies with Doyle Brunson! I too am a part of the rich history of poker!"

Sorry to pile on, but the truth's the truth.
Old 09-15-2004, 08:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I hate being in 'real life' situations where I feel some weird obligation to smile or laugh at someone who's trying to be funny.

[/ QUOTE ]

Totally agreed. This is why I avoid parties at all costs.

This is particularly unsettling in a situation like a poker table, where you would be perfectly justified in asking him to relax a bit.

But then you're the bad guy, and blah blah blah.

Gotta learn to do the fake smile/good-natured thing.
Old 09-15-2004, 09:02 AM

excellent description of why Hellmuth is a grade A certified tard.