Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-10-2004, 03:38 PM

Default Re: Mattias Anderson speaks...

This sounds very much like the explanation he gave on TV, especially "i have to get the excitment off from me." He basically is saying he needs the release and that is essentially what he said on TV.
Old 09-10-2004, 03:43 PM

I can respect his "that's just what I am" attitude.
Old 09-10-2004, 04:28 PM

Yah, I can respect the attitude as well, just as I'm sure he can respect that it's just like licking a cheese grater.
Old 09-10-2004, 06:02 PM

I still think he needs some meds. The guy is a complete spazz, it's as if he's never won a hand before. He says he only does it when it's a big pot, but he does it every time someone is all-in whether it's him or his opponent. I don't think he does it to upset his opponents, I think he's just special(as in he rode the short bus to school kinda special).
Old 09-10-2004, 06:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Must be fake since "yes" is "ja" in swedish and not "dah" OMG

[/ QUOTE ]

He addressed that in the post. Maybe you need to read it again.

Yes, Swedish for "yes" is indeed "ja". I made a post in another thread where I made the mistake of saying Swedish for "yes" is "da". I only said that because I know this Swedish guy who apparently speaks a lot of Russian. When he wants to talk to himself or gets excited or whatever, he uses a weird Swedish-Russian mix and sometimes, yes, it comes out like "da!" I could also swear I saw an episode of Seinfeld with Swedish subtitles (don't ask, please...) where the "yes"es were replaced with "Da!" But again, I may be mistaken.

I've listened to my ESPN tapes, and it definitely sounds like he's saying "da" (though, sometimes, he does let a couple of "ja"s out). It doesn't necessarily mean that "da" means anything in Swedish though - when I get excited I sometimes shout things that aren't technically in the dictionary. This is probably just a similar case, albeit not in English. Either that, or he has some Russian blood in him and he's speaks a similar mixed-dialect to my friend's.
Old 09-10-2004, 06:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yah, I can respect the attitude as well, just as I'm sure he can respect that it's just like licking a cheese grater.

[/ QUOTE ]

Post of the Year!
Old 09-10-2004, 07:31 PM

This is not a response to you, but I like how some complete douchebags want to make sure everyone else knows that they know the difference between the sound of "yes" in Swedish and Russian.

Good work, Detectives. We are all smarter now. Did you know that the capital of Nebraska was Lincoln?

-Michael