Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-09-2004, 06:13 PM

Default Re: NFL predictions

[ QUOTE ]
The Viking wouls first have to get to the playoffs and then actually win a couple in a row. That's a lot of pressure for them.

Packers 31 Indianapolis 28

[/ QUOTE ]

Both the Vikings and the Colts have an inherent team culture of self-destruction.

And on an emotional level, I hope the Colts never make the Super Bowl:
1. I refuse to acknowledge the existence of anything other than the Baltimore Colts.
2. Peyton Manning's pre-snap bobble-head act makes me want to scream.
Old 09-09-2004, 06:28 PM

all you Minnesota guys are nuts. Do you really think the Vikings are better than the Eagles or the Seahwaks?

In the AFC, the only teams with a chance to win the Super Bowl are the Pats and the Ravens, none of the other top teams have any realy defense. Defense wins rings, not offense.
Old 09-09-2004, 06:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
all you Minnesota guys are nuts. Do you really think the Vikings are better than the Eagles or the Seahwaks?

[/ QUOTE ]

On paper yeah. The Vikings killed the Seahawks last year. The Seahawks, if they stay healthy, will have an excellent offense. Not too sure about their D though. The Eagles have a pourous run defense, the Vikings are potentially much better on defense than they performed last year, especially against the run. I hate the Vikings (no offense to anyone) so I sure don't want to see them win. The truth is the NFC doesn't really have a clear cut favorite. The Panthers are potentially good but they lost some players in the secondary.
Old 09-09-2004, 07:04 PM

NFC Championship Game - Eagles def Panthers

AFC Championship Game - Colts def Pats

Super Bowl - Coin flip

Most underrated teams - 1) Panthers 2) Bucs

Most overrated teams - 1) Seahawks 2) Rams

MVP - Priest Holmes

Crack smokers - Those who picked the Seahawks, Vikings or (especially) Packers to go to the SB
Old 09-09-2004, 07:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
On paper yeah. The Vikings killed the Seahawks last year. The Seahawks, if they stay healthy, will have an excellent offense. Not too sure about their D though

[/ QUOTE ] Seattle improved their D in the off season by essentially overhauling their old fart of a defensive line.

[ QUOTE ]
The Panthers are potentially good but they lost some players in the secondary.

[/ QUOTE ] I think a lot of people are selling them short this year, they should have a good squad again.
Old 09-09-2004, 07:14 PM

I was going to post my own predictions, but Homer pretty much said the exact same things I would have said.
I must say as a Colts fan I am terrified by all the positive predictions I'm reading. In some ways I liked it better when most people didn't even remember we had a team.
Old 09-09-2004, 07:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Crack smokers - Those who picked the Seahawks, Vikings or (especially) Packers to go to the SB

[/ QUOTE ]

you are a dumb ass
Old 09-09-2004, 08:23 PM

I wonder if the people who picked NE vs Carolina in last year's Super Bowl were crack-smokers too. Face it, you really can't predict much in this league. My Pats could just as easily go 5-11 this year. That being said...

AFC Championship: Pats over Colts
NFC Championship: Seahawks over Eagles

Super Bowl: Until they show me otherwise...its the Patriots' to lose.
Old 09-09-2004, 08:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

you are a dumb ass

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought it was "your a dumb ass". Anyway, you're looking good in Seattle with Merril Hoge and Joe Theismann putting you in the Super Bowl.
Old 09-09-2004, 08:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I wonder if the people who picked NE vs Carolina in last year's Super Bowl were crack-smokers too. Face it, you really can't predict much in this league. My Pats could just as easily go 5-11 this year. That being said...

[/ QUOTE ]

I know, I know. Man, can't a guy call a bunch of people crack smokers without taking crap for it? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

There's no way the Pats will go 5-11, though. They're returning like 19 of 22 starters, right? Maybe they'll have a letdown and go 10-6 or 9-7, but I can't see them doing any worse than that.

[ QUOTE ]
NFC Championship: Seahawks over Eagles

[/ QUOTE ]

If they Eagles become the poor man's Bills, I sincerely hope it doesn't come at the hands of the Seahawks.