Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-06-2004, 06:46 PM

Default Re: Ire of the Homegamers

At the start of each session buy in for one quarter of your regular buy in and play like an absolute maniac.

If you lose it, make a regular buy in and go back to your normal solid game.

You will most often blow the first buy in, but every once in awhile you will catch cards and book a huge win so you really aren't giving away that much in the long run.

But it will do wonders for your image and it will keep the natives happy.
Old 09-06-2004, 07:47 PM

I have a similar home game situation, what worked for me is that 1. I play with gamble crazy chinese who don't mind losing the money.
2. I loosen up siginificantly. I almost go Nutbar on em. Well...partly it's because I love taking down a pot with small crap, and this game let's me do that.

A friend of mine and host of that game always goes broke in the first hour and plays really loose. After that, no matter what he does, he doesn't get any respect for anything and gets payed off dearly on his hands. That particular play is nothing for me, but I thought I'd mention it anyway.
Old 09-07-2004, 01:04 AM

We play pot-limit Omaha when I play with my friends -- it's more action and I'm as clueless as the rest...
Old 09-07-2004, 01:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If you are really worried about this and the game is really good, go home a loser a couple of times in a row and do it in spectacular fashion. Lose your whole stack once or twice on really poor hands and act pained about it.

SpaceAce

[/ QUOTE ]

Space,

are you serious?....(and I'm being serious in asking if you're being serious)....

[/ QUOTE ]

I am partially serious. I probably wouldn't throw away my entire stack but I would definitely make a few really visible screwball plays and throw some money back at these guys. I think going hom a loser once or twice would be to your advantage. If you're killing the game to the point where these people are mad at you, you want to keep playing in it. They are not going to get any less mad unless they see you get hurt.

SpaceAce
Old 09-07-2004, 03:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]

scrubby,

does that advice hold true for Atlantic City?.....'cause I love me some Jersey girls (they're my true "calling")....

[/ QUOTE ]

The Borgata waitresses could pass for anyone's true calling.

Only problem is that the biggest game you'd be able to find is a 5/10 PL. And Rocco and the boys would probably bore someone of your skills. You'd probably have to drop a stack every couple of nights so that they'd keep playing with you.

On second thought, you had better just make it Vegas or S.F.

scrub