Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-04-2004, 03:15 AM

Default Re: River decision $6-$12 at the Borgata against a formidable opponent

Jeff checked, what should I do?

Tell him that you put all of those chips in by accident and hope that he gives some back?

Seriously, I'm sure you're going to tell us he has something that is nearly impossible for him to have, like 99, but the turn action is just silly. You should obviously check the river.
Old 09-04-2004, 03:45 AM

You're bleeding chips. Get to a hospital ASAP.
Old 09-04-2004, 03:58 AM

Since you put him on a bluff/weak hand, then just call down when you improve on the turn.
Old 09-04-2004, 07:28 AM

Seriously, I'm sure you're going to tell us he has something that is nearly impossible for him to have, like 99, but the turn action is just silly. You should obviously check the river.

Not this time. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 09-04-2004, 07:44 AM

usually with a flop like this is there has been moderate action preflop and then an opponnent bets this flop he usually isn't messing around and will rarely get out of line.

The flop is ragged and even someone holding JJ,TT,or99 would be cautious when preceding with this particular flop.

When he bet the flop, and the cutoff called, if you want to get frisky with this hand you should have raised the flop if you felt that your Ace OverCard would be good coupled in with the fact that you had a backdoor flush draw/backdoor straight draw and an overcard.

Since there is... approx. 4.5 BB ii the pot now a raise by you, tying both of them in would make the pot odds for you about
7.5 to 1 if they both call and you don't fear a reraise from the flop bettor.

The odds then of you pairing your Ace and winning or hitting the back door flush draw coupled in with the fact that you can catch runner runner QQ or hit a backdoor straight You would be about a little less than a 5.2 to 1 Dog.

Lets see how you played this hand on the turn.

On the turn your opp. bet and there was a caller. And you raised and he reraised and you reraised him back and now he calls.

On the river he checks....

I would be surprised if he folded anything on this river if you bet. The pot is just too big. But.....
if you were to just throw a bet in here and he's the type of person that can pride himself on a good fold then... do it, its only going to cost you 1 more bet.

I really believe you should bet the river here, on the minute chance he'll fold a King, feeling that his one pair isn't goood enough that you may be holding QQ.

Bet, its worth betting. BET IT!
Old 09-04-2004, 09:50 AM

It sure looks like he's got a set and he's afraid you slowplayed KK or spiked to your QQ on the turn. Why wouldn't he fear this hand, as that's what it looks like you have when you fourbet. This is an autocheck on the river, probably an auto-outofturn-muck if you can get $3 back. I have never seen a player who I wouldn't categorize as a maniac threebet the turn without being able to beat AQ in this situation.

-Michael
Old 09-04-2004, 10:21 AM

Default results

I took the fee showdown and Jeff missed a river check raise. Jeff had KJ off for a flopped top pair.

The player in the cutoff also had AQ.

I did pick the wrong spot to try and make a move.