Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-30-2004, 05:58 PM

Default Re: K10s against a 3 bet from 2+2er, can I call this flop?

How exactly would he "outplay" an opponent if he hit a K or a T on the turn? What would his best line be?
Old 08-30-2004, 09:42 AM

Default Re: K10s against a 3 bet from 2+2er, can I call this flop?

This is an easy call on the flop for several reasons. I'm assuming you were MP3 and other player is say the CO. You have 3 (most likely 4) outs to a cinch in a jack. Pairing either of your cards (It would be unlikely both are good but unless you are against a flopped set, AA, or KK, pairing up can win) could possibly be good in this scenario as well. You would have to at least get to the turn to find out though. I think the most important reason though is that if you routinely fold for one bet on the flop when 3-bet preflop you are gonna get routinely 3-bet preflop which makes things tougher. When getting 3 bet preflop save the marginal flop folds for when you have much slimmer chances of winning (Q8x none of your suit type flops) and just consider this a loose "image" call if anything even though I feel you are getting sufficient odds in this hand to see the turn and hopefully spike a jack.

Bob S.
Old 08-30-2004, 07:24 PM

Location: Pittsburgh Pa (North Suburb called Cranberry Township)
Default Results:

In the spirit of open/honest communication (that is how they start every sentence at work - it is rubbing off), I called.

Turn is a meaningless undercard. I check with the intention of folding. He checked behind.

Somewhat confused, I begin to fear flush cards (huh? 3 bet heads up and I am fearing exactly AdKd, AdJd Ad10d ?!?!?! -).

River is Jd, I check with the intention of calling (I know, I went back and read my small stakes holdem section on river play....), he checked behind. He had AKo, MHIG.

I was wondering if I walked into a flush hand, but that is so illogical it is silly, especially after the analysis shows that there is approxiately a 2.5% probability that he has one of the 3 hands above. I wasn't sure of the flop call and felt that I might have sucked out, so I think there was some guilt behind my check as well.

In summary, make a marginal call on the flop to get one of my 4 outs, only to check it when it comes on the end - what do they say.. get your money in with the worst of it, check when you get your miracle card...or something like that - meh.