Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-30-2004, 05:08 PM

Default RESULTS

I called the reraise. I just thought he was too tricky to lay down to here even though I was almost positive I was beat (he could have flopped a set also). The river blanked. He bet, I called. He showed A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]10 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] for the nut flush. Ouch...thanks for the responses.

Jeff
Old 08-30-2004, 06:01 PM

Default Re: RESULTS

Nice play by the bb. His turn bet is a very good one and probably involved some thinking along these lines:

"Well, preflop raiser over there may well have Ak given his flop play. If I bet, he may well raise and I can 3 bet. More importantly, I don't know his play well enough to know whether he too might check even Ak given button's flop raise. Bt the problem is that the button may not bet if he too figures that Jeffage is checking AK. Besides, the button surely attaches some significance to the fact that I just called two cold on the flop. He may very well not bet the turn at all. I can't count on Jeffage to bet it for me. I better bet to make sure the action does not get checked through. If I get real lucky, the PFR will hit it with a raise."