Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-27-2004, 10:37 PM

Default Re: You have to love Party on these hands...

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I think that's thinking scared. No one has given you a reason to believe they've got a good hand, so why would you assume it?
Rob

[/ QUOTE ]

Fair enough. By far the weakest point of my game is value betting scary boards on the river, however, a value bet just seems mighty thin here. Looking at the actual hand, I might get one caller (the other doofuses *might* call with a7 high I suppose).

I think if I bet *and* get called, I'm losing to baby flush or str8 or some silly 2 pair more than I'm winning here. I could be very wrong in that, but in my experience that seems to be the case. Plus, what do I do if someone gets fancy and CR's me?

Of course, I'm kinda wusslike on scary rivers as I mentioned, so you could well be right.

[/ QUOTE ]
The single biggest difference between a profitable player and a very profitable player is eeking out those extra bets. If someone gets fancy and checkraises you, curse at the screen and call. You'd be amazed how many times you'll STILL win.

Here's an example.

The doofuses called this far with Ace high; you'd be surprised how often they'll call the river. You'll certainly get called by the moron with A5o, and it's pretty damned likely that the A7's will call anyway, and hope you're bluffing.

Rob