Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-25-2004, 02:50 PM

Default Re: Nut flush on the flop

Sorry...this reply is directed at sthief09

Excellent reply. And for the orginal poster, this same information (almost verbatim) can be found in the Lee Jones Low Limit Texas Hold'em book. It makes very strong cases for playing many hands fast. It is an excellent foundation book. From what I've read I understand that once you master this book, SSH by Ed Miller is the second step and it will really allow you to master low-limit games. I continually see these horrible players at the low levels that love to slow play their big pocket pairs, made flushes, etc.

You mentioned in an early reply that A9s in mid position with no one in front is an auto-raise. I've read both WLLH and HPFAP and there is no mention of this. Is this more aggressive raising with suspect hands becoming more the norm in winning at the low levels? I know your a knowledgable player and I'm just trying to learn something new. I limp with hand as well. What is your reasoning for raising?
Old 08-25-2004, 03:14 PM

Bet the damn flop.
Old 08-25-2004, 03:46 PM

So, basically if I never slow play it would not be wrong.
Old 08-25-2004, 04:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So, basically if I never slow play it would not be wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pretty much. Think about it... slowplaying is done to allow people time to find a reason to spend a few more bets than they would if you just bet out. Low limit players generally call too much. Just look at all the "I can't believe they stayed in with xx and called me all the way to hit their xx outs on the river" posts. There might be some specific situations where it makes sense (particularly heads up), but in general you get much more action through straight-forward play. They're looking hard for a reason to call, and seem to find one in all sorts of improbable situations... so no need to spend much effort trying to help out.