Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-23-2004, 06:44 PM

Default Re: Bob Dole Weighs In

My point was that Dole believes that it's more important that Kerry apologize for going over the top than the country apologize for committing war crimes. Strange sense of priorities, that.
Old 08-23-2004, 06:48 PM

I'm disgusted by what Dole said. He sees nothing wrong with what we did in Vietnam. He thinks an Kerry's remarks call for an apology, but the country did nothing wrong.
Old 08-23-2004, 06:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Man, you need to watch what you are 'cutting' that stuff with. Why don't you put the pipe down for a day or two?

[/ QUOTE ]
Maybe if I smoked the white woolie, I might start firing off posts so devoid of content, that I could use the same one in every argument and in every situation! And even imagine I was scoring points!

Aren't you the dumbass living in the alternate universe, where John Kerry has signed the form 180 to release his military records?

See that text that looks different? That's known as a "link," you should try using one in a post. Before you know it, you'll be writing all sorts of relevant tidbits!
Old 08-23-2004, 06:51 PM

Default Kerry\'s Testimony

http://www.richmond.edu/~ebolt/histo...Testimony.html

I believe Kerry later said he went over the top to make himself more palatable as a politician. So I believe he is both a war criminal and a liar.
Old 08-23-2004, 06:55 PM

I thought Kerry's "reporting for duty" shtick was a mistake and in poor taste. Kerry has made his military service part of the campaign and the trouble he's getting for it now is his own fault.

Indeed, Vietnam still stings. That's why what Dole said particulary rankled me.
Old 08-23-2004, 06:59 PM

He should apologize if they did not do what he said they did. If they did, shouldnt they apologize to the people of Vietnam?

I agree with you that Kerry's opponents look on this as payback time and that they hate him.
Old 08-23-2004, 07:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
He should apologize if they did not do what he said they did.

[/ QUOTE ]
I wasn't in Vietnam. But I have been here when Kerry has conceded that he may have exaggerated and misled. If they did do the things he originally said they did, and Kerry just backed down under pressure, then Kerry should apologize for running for President.
Old 08-23-2004, 07:13 PM

"If they did do the things he originally said they did, and Kerry just backed down under pressure, then Kerry should apologize for running for President."

Every politician attempts to make himself appear moderate when running for office.

I've posted Kerry's 1971 statement. One of the things he did was compare our actions in Vietnam to those of Genghis Khan. I don't think he particularly wants to hear that quoetd in a debate, so of course he has to say he was over the top. But our current president told us that if we didn't invade Iraq we might see a mushroom cloud here in America. Now THAT's over the top.
Old 08-23-2004, 07:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Every politician attempts to make himself appear moderate when running for office...

...our current president told us that if we didn't invade Iraq we might see a mushroom cloud here in America. Now THAT's over the top.

[/ QUOTE ]
There's always something odd with you, andyfox. Bush hasn't backed away from that, he still stands by it! And his core supporters agree with him, which is probably why he stands by it. But that's why he is President, because the views that come naturally to him, nearly always win me over after if I take a moment to think about them.

Kerry's core supporters not only believe that the war in Iraq is evil, they probably also still hold the statements he made about Vietnam as truthful and important. Unless he considers himself the king of the idiots, why doesn't he try to sell the beliefs which his supporters hold dear?
Old 08-23-2004, 08:30 PM

This post is so full of unilateral assumptions and overgeneralizations that I think you must not have thought it over very much. Are you saying that Iraq would have launched a nuclear attack against the US if we hadn't invaded?