Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-24-2004, 03:46 AM

Default Re: Hand from LOP tourney

He thought my fold on the flop was weak. He made no mention of my preflop check. If it was a NL tourney, I'd might have pushed all in.

He actually didn't get mad when I made a big suckout on him when forced to go in in the blinds.

He got sucked out on by a young kid at my table and he didn't get upset then either. He had AA, made a pot-sized raise. got called by the button. made another big bet on the 9-high flop, and the button went all-in with J9. Men called, turned over AA and a 9 popped out on the river. He didn't say a word. Perhaps after its happened the 5,000th time it no longer upsets you?

I goaded Men into showing me his hand once during the PL event. 4 (or 5?) limpers (blinds $15) and I jam a pot sized raise from the big blind. Men and another call. Flop is 678 rainbow. I bet 250, Men pushes all in. I looked at him and said "What hand would you call my pot-sized bet with that makes you a straight?!??" I folded my QQ, and he turned over his 45spades.

I've left LA and already come home, so no more of the events for me. After 7 tournies of putting my money in with the best of it, and losing every time to a 2-4 outer, I decided to call it quits and come home early.

Losing with the best hand EVERY tourney gets frustrating.

-Scott
Old 08-24-2004, 04:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I've left LA and already come home, so no more of the events for me. After 7 tournies of putting my money in with the best of it, and losing every time to a 2-4 outer, I decided to call it quits and come home early.

Losing with the best hand EVERY tourney gets frustrating.

[/ QUOTE ]

Get more chips than the other guy so he doesn't bust you when he sucks out.
Old 08-24-2004, 04:19 AM

Sorry it didn't work out man.
My reference to his not getting mad on my suckout was due to how mad he was when getting knocked out at the WSOP.
I think it depends on how many Corona's he has had.

I like him better than his cousin Minh who sucked out on me to stop me from getting a huge stack at the $330 event (i won't replay it sinde I went over it in my trip report)..but I liked him until then as we were the only ones chatting (when my ear buds weren't in).

Sorry I won't see you at the supersats.

SD
Old 08-24-2004, 04:20 AM

what would you have done with the A8 preflop?
Old 08-24-2004, 04:06 PM

Easy come easy go.

I've just had a month of losing to totally dominated hands in every tourney I played. It started at the Shoe when my KK all-in against Q8o flops a king and still loses to the runner-runner straight. Followed the next day to KJ losing to QJ on a 2JJ board and a Q pops up on the turn.

My luck followed me to LA. JJ all in against 22 and 2 on the river. AJ vs AT and a T on the flop. KK vs AK and 2 aces on the board. QQ vs KQ and KQ makes a straight.

Lets hope it missed the plane-ride back to South Beach.

I'll be at the Borgata next month for the WPT event there. I hope I fare better.

Some people pray for good luck. I'll settle for average.

-Scott
Old 08-24-2004, 04:09 PM

Get more chips than the other guy so he doesn't bust you when he sucks out.

Every suckout didn't bust me. many times I did have my opponent covered, but the suckout left me short. Eventually one I didn't have covered got me. Still I went down swinging with the best hand.

And all these tournies were tight on starting chips. There wasn't a lot of room to miss a big pot and still be in decent shape in chips.

-Scott