Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-20-2004, 06:05 PM

Default Re: Peace, Love and TROLL

Using MMMMMM logic, doesn't accusing Cyrus of trolling also imply that he is a serial killer?
[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
"Threats do not imply absence of sabotage. Lower production due to threats does not imply that production was not also lowered due to sabotage."
[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 08-20-2004, 07:20 PM

Default Re: Let\'s get personal

"Could it be that you are not writing precisely enough? You seem to have an uncanny propensity to follow up your posts with "clarifications" and variants of the "I-meant-this-and-didn't-mean-that" plea."

At times, yes; but some on this forum also have an uncanny way of reading more or less into things than what is written.

"LOL. You are one step nearer to proclaiming that you can prove your political convictions, such as they are, through Mathematics! (In case you feel tempted to, please know that it has already been done, in this forum.)"

Not at all. What I was saying is that you did not properly take my statements at face value, and that you presumed implications whee none existed.

"Listen, debator: If sabotage is an equivalent or even a bigger reason for oil production disruption in Iraq than the threat of sabotage, then you mention the big reason. Or you mention both. You don't mention the secondary reason, and then plead that you "implied" the main one."

I said that fairly recent threats of sabotage by the Mehdi army had had an effect. Try reading "fairly recent" once more, please. Since I had been following the price of oil rather closely in the last couple of weeks, in order to help determine whether I should be short the Yen or not, I had recently read of recent threats which caused production to be affected in Iraq.

Hope that helps to clarify things for you, Cyrus--though if you had merely taken my statements at face value, no such clarification would be needed. But since you're such a cool guy, I don't mind helping you wade through the thickets of simplicity (which you needlessly complicate).

No need to thank me; I am happy just knowing I have done my good deed for the day.