Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-17-2004, 11:50 PM

Default Re: lmao at Annie Duke

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Because "world class" at ANYTHING is not obtainable in 6 months of instruction.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lets see in this corner we have Annie Duke, Dan Harrington, Doyle Brunson and several other "world" class poker players saying the guy is a really good player and in this corner we have.. ..Whats a Vehn?

[/ QUOTE ]

A 2+2 legend so buzz off.
Old 08-17-2004, 11:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

...and you're basing that on what?

I've got to admit, the quick success that Ben has achieved has just pissed me off. But you know what, it turns out he's friggin good.

You and Annie can play semantics all day, but the fact of the matter is he's a good poker player. "lmao" all you want, she's got a good point and any argument you have just tries to split hairs.

bwana
Old 08-17-2004, 11:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

...and you're basing that on what?

I've got to admit, the quick success that Ben has achieved has just pissed me off. But you know what, it turns out he's friggin good.

You and Annie can play semantics all day, but the fact of the matter is he's a good poker player. "lmoa" all you want, she's got a good point and any argument you have just tries to split hairs.

bwana

[/ QUOTE ]

I was about to post the samething. He wants to zero in on her use of the phrase world class. Big deal, she is saying he is a good player. How she might define it in her book as opposed to how someone else would is just nit picking. But I think a player that in her own right is "world class" and plays againist others at the level regularly would be a better judge of a players ability and ranking then somebody who gets to watch them on TV.
Old 08-18-2004, 12:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
He has become world class. He won the California State Championship which is a 10k buy-in NL event. I would call that world class.

[/ QUOTE ]

This absolutely doesnt provide prove that he's world class. You should know that. Whether he's world class or not; i dont care. But to say he's world class based on winning one event is just absurd.
Old 08-18-2004, 12:04 AM

You have no idea how many hours he has played, how many hours of lessons he has had, how smart he is or how dedicated to the game he is so I think you cannot make this statement.

What about Scott Fischman who has only been playing a while? He is a world class player. Don't underestimate how far talent and dedication can get you in this game and how quickly it can get you there.
Old 08-18-2004, 12:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes it is if you are being tutored by Duke and Lederer, spend lots of time playing high stakes no limit on the internet, are Harvard educated, and are willing to lose tens of thousands playing high stakes no limit at the Commerce.
Old 08-18-2004, 12:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Lets see in this corner we have Annie Duke, Dan Harrington, Doyle Brunson and several other "world" class poker players saying the guy is a really good player and in this corner we have.. ..Whats a Vehn?

[/ QUOTE ]

A 2+2 legend so buzz off.

[/ QUOTE ]

wow, a 2+2 legend vs. a real legend with 9 bracelets, a player who has pulled off 2 final tables at the WSOP in a row, and one of the best female players ever.

hmmm, let me think for a second.

although, i agree, he isn't "world class". he is good, get over it.
Old 08-18-2004, 12:08 AM

i guess it's another semantical argument. when i think world class player i think ray zee, not scott fischman.
Old 08-18-2004, 12:09 AM

Would you say Ted Lawson is a world class player? He also has won a tour event. If Affleck begins cashing at the same rate as some of the other "World Class Players", I will also believe he is one.
Old 08-18-2004, 12:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
wow, a 2+2 legend vs. a real legend with 9 bracelets, a player who has pulled off 2 final tables at the WSOP in a row, and one of the best female players ever.

hmmm, let me think for a second.

although, i agree, he isn't "world class". he is good, get over it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't short change Mr Harrington. he was the 1995 World Champion as well [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]