Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-16-2004, 01:58 PM

Default Re: Fold AA Pre-fl... errr, on the turn?

[ QUOTE ]
FWIW, I would have raised a bit more than 800,

[/ QUOTE ]

dogmeat - this may get off on another subject but does this mean you vary your raise depending on your holdings? Kinda gives away your hand doesn't it?
Old 08-16-2004, 02:29 PM

well things change a bit with limpers behind, but 800 would be my standard raise with 1 limper anyway...
Old 08-16-2004, 03:59 PM

I like the smoth call on the flop. It is unlikely you will be drawn out on the next card with this flop.

I would call the allin. It is unlikely he called the raise with a 9, or that he has a boat from a pp. If he did, he probably would make a smaller bet. Since you raises with a limper already in preflop, he is pretty sure you don't have a 9. My guess is that he puts you on a smaller pp or high cards and is bluffing figuring you will be scared to call with the 9s on the board. He might also have an overpair, figure you probably high cards, and doesn't want to give you a chance to draw out on him.

Since this a an $11 rebuy, there may be some weaker players will call a raise with a weak hand and who think they should make a big bet with a big hand, so there is some danger. However, I think the odds are in your favor.