Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-15-2004, 02:42 AM

Default Re: end of rakeback deals?

Dude, improve your reading skills!

My response was to Akerman's post, not yours. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-15-2004, 08:01 AM

Yet another common mistake I find in these forums.
The overly defensive response to a comment directed at someone else in the thread.
I don't if these people aren't reading in threaded mode or what, but this happens quite often.
Sometimes people just respond to the last post in the thread, they are not always responding to you personally.

I don't fault Tuco for his misread, the only thing easier to misinterperet through this message board is sarcasm.
Old 08-15-2004, 08:40 AM

Do you really think it will EVER be worth it to party to kill their most active accounts to try and get rid of the rakebacks? I would think they are smart enough to know all those players would just head to Empire or Eurobet, etc. If they were smart they would offer a 30% rackback directly to the player for high volume play. Then they could get some of the players back that have already gone to Empire etc. for a better deal. I would think 70% of the thousands in rake I generate each month is better than holding out for 100% of nothing.

Steve
Old 08-15-2004, 08:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Do you really think it will EVER be worth it to party to kill their most active accounts to try and get rid of the rakebacks? I would think they are smart enough to know all those players would just head to Empire or Eurobet, etc. If they were smart they would offer a 30% rackback directly to the player for high volume play. Then they could get some of the players back that have already gone to Empire etc. for a better deal. I would think 70% of the thousands in rake I generate each month is better than holding out for 100% of nothing.

Steve

[/ QUOTE ]

Steve you are exactly right in what you say. There is no way these rakeback deals are going to end. If anything its going to get more and more cutthroat as each site attempts to drum up more and more business for itself. This will ultimately lead to better and better deals for the player. Yes affliates themselves may get cut out, but so what!!!! Just as long as the player keeps getting better percentage deals and improved bonuses who cares about them.

But there is no way Party will end rakeback as they will simply end up with no high stakes players at all. Same with all the other sites and i do know for a fact that the rakeback deals offered by some sites are getting better and better all the time as they attempt to "steal" partys players.I would imagine that Party will fight back soon and we will end up with a continuing spiral of better and better deals.
Old 08-15-2004, 10:14 AM

Default Party wins.

quoted from:
http://www.partypoker.com/affiliates...agreement.html

5.3 Termination By Us. We may terminate this Agreement, with or without cause, upon thirty (30) days written notice to you. Further, we may terminate this Agreement immediately, without notice, in the following events:

a. You materially breach this Agreement and do not cure within fifteen (15) days of notice to cure.
b. The total cumulative balance of Affiliate Fees due to you is less than $50 for three (3) consecutive months; and
c. We determine, in our reasonable discretion, that you knowingly benefited from Fraud Traffic as set forth in Section 2.8 herein.
d. The total number of new Players introduced by you in a sixtyday period is less than 1.

I particularly like (d). Time your sign-ups carefully! Do play money signups count towards this total too?

outs
Old 08-15-2004, 10:24 AM

Default Empire wins too, just a little different.

taken from: http://affiliate.empirepoker.com/Agreement.asp

5.3 Termination By Us. We may terminate this Agreement, with or without cause, upon thirty (30) days written notice to you. Further, we may terminate this Agreement immediately, without notice, in the following events:

You materially breach this Agreement and do not cure within fifteen (15) days of notice to cure.

The total cumulative balance of Affiliate Fees due to you is less than $50 for three (3) consecutive months; and

We determine, in our reasonable discretion, that you knowingly benefited from Fraud Traffic as set forth in Section 2.8 herein.

Empire is a little more leanient. They don't have a (d).

outs
Old 08-15-2004, 10:54 AM

Sorry man, I read the threads in flat mode. I'll be more careful from now on.

Tuco.
Old 08-15-2004, 07:26 PM

Default Re: Party wins.

I will ask again, do play money signups count?

outs
Old 08-15-2004, 08:00 PM

Default Re: Party wins.

[ QUOTE ]
I will ask again, do play money signups count?

outs

[/ QUOTE ]

You would have thought not no. What good to Party or Empire are play money sign ups? They want affiliates who make them $$$$$$$$$. Else whats the point?