Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-13-2004, 03:37 PM

Default Re: Who bets this flop?

Not capping is a terrible error. The all-in 3-bet is not a real raise. MP3 has made a frivolous error and it is only fair that all the other limpers be made to suffer for it [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img].

Bet the flop. This is a tough flop to fit. The odds are we have both the best hand and the best draw. Why on Earth should we check?
Old 08-13-2004, 08:26 PM

Default Results

I should've capped pre-flop, yes. Easy cap.

Anyway. At the flop I thought something like this.
"I have two overcards and a backdoor flush draw. There's a decent chance I have the best hand atm, and I will have to call if I check and someone bet, so I'm better of betting myself, keeping the initiative."
So I bet. And they all called.
Turn K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]) 9 BB's.
"Ok. Now I don't believe I'm in the lead anymore. Time to give up". So I checked, UTG+1 check, MP2 bet, CO call, I fold, UTG+1 call.
River T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img])
UTG+1 check, MP2 bet, UTG+1 fold.

MP3 had 8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
MP2 had T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and took it down with his rivered pair.

<font color="green">So, cap pre-flop, and that's easy. Bet the flop I think it's easy as well, since I may have the best hand and since I'd have to call anyway if someone else bet. The turn though. What else to do when called in all places? </font>
Old 08-13-2004, 08:48 PM

Default Re: Results

I know this is results oriented, but if you bet, I'm sure you're getting them all to call. By the turn, there would be over 10 big bets. Then 9Ts would have had the odds to call the gutshot.

Truth is, I don't know if it's proper to bet out as I'm not sure I have the best hand or draw. I'd probably wait to see if there's any betting on the flop. If it's checked through, I might take a stab at it on the turn no matter what card comes down making anyone think that I wouldn't dare make a turn bet into a dry side pot and that the all-in player is protecting them.

Garland
Old 08-13-2004, 11:29 PM

Default Re: Who bets this flop?

LOLOLOL! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]