Old 08-11-2004, 05:09 AM

Default Re: OMG... poor play, huge pot

Limping is ok, 3-betting is not.

k
Old 08-11-2004, 08:13 AM

Call the pf raise.

Check/raise the flop.

Check/raise the turn since you fogot to raise the flop.

I would probably call the river. I would consider both raising and folding though. At first I thought raising might be best but now I think I may just be being results oriented since you posted results against the constant advice of bisonbison.
Old 08-11-2004, 09:02 PM

I'm not convinced that my pf play was completely wrong. My analysis will be simplistic however:

There are 6 people total, and I figured everyone would call if I reraised. There are 8.5 SB already, and if everyone calls a reraise by me then there will be 18.5 SB (if the raiser doesn't cap), 2 SB of which I've just put in. So I'm contributing 11%.

Assume my sixes will win everytime I hit a set. That's roughly 12% of the time. So my equity to the pot is 12%. It's probably even higher because I'm almost certainly getting to the turn and the turn is another chance at a set.

So there is a pot equity edge of at least 1%. Reraising if everyone will call and nobody caps is greater EV than calling.

That's how I think it goes, but I'm unsure of how pot equity works. Maybe I'm contributing a massive 17% instead. The example in SSH doesn't make it entirely clear, but it uses a figure obtained like the latter.

Of course, since someone folded it did become lesser EV, maybe negative. I guess I should have expected at least one person to fold. Calling was best.
Old 08-11-2004, 10:46 PM

I don't know where I got the idea that someone folded preflop. Anyway, I think I am contributing 17%. So I'd need 9 people there for a reraise to be correct, unless I'm misunderstanding pot equity.