Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-06-2004, 03:06 AM

Default Re: Rookies Bankroll

hey guys, thanks for the help so far. But just so you guys don't keep repeating yourselfs, I wrote in my original post that (under the anacronyms of wwllhe which may have caused confusion [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] ) I've already read jones' several times and I think I understand it very well but I do recognize its flaws and I can't wait to see miller's book.

But since we are on the subject for any new players reading this thread do get both books but like these guys have said its probably best to get Jones' first just to stop the bleeding of playing any two cards. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Anybody have any advice regarding sticking to one type of game? Or would it not hurt to play a little of everything (limit, SNG, NL)?
Old 08-07-2004, 03:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Anybody have any advice regarding sticking to one type of game? Or would it not hurt to play a little of everything (limit, SNG, NL)?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm just repeating what I've read on these forums, as I'm a beginner myself too. In general most people stick to one form of playing, as obviously the playing styles between the the three vary quite a bit.
Old 08-09-2004, 03:31 PM

Default Miller v. Jones

Ah, apparently I missed this thread over in Books & Software. No wonder so many people replied that this topic has already been discussed. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 08-10-2004, 08:52 AM

The 300BB thing doesn't mean you need to deposit 300BB in your account.

I think of this more like, if I start with 100BB or 150BB and lose it due to a bad run of cards, will I be happy enough to re-deposit the same amount and try again? If the answer is no... then my choice of BB must be too large.