Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-04-2004, 12:39 AM

Default Re: Will I ever be able to change my name?

[ QUOTE ]
The moderators should be much more communicative of what is and is not allowed, and make examples of people to be banned. Take the person's post, quote it, make it sticky, post an explanation underneath, and leave it up there for a week in the General (or every) forum. Put sticky messages with peoples' names in the titles who are doing things that deserve a public warning. Instill a little fear, but also, very importantly, provide some transparency into how the moderation is working.

[/ QUOTE ]

i agree. i think this would be much more effective.

i especially didn't think it was necessary to ban the sigs.
a couple of people had quick affiliate-spam in their sigs.
since the moderators did nothing about it others thought it was permitted to put such info.

why not just warn the offenders directly to take out their info??
or better yet, make a sticky-post stating that 'any affiliate info in sigs has to be removed immediately or you will be banned'

i'm not too concerned with the 'privilege'of having a sig....i just had a goofy quote from the movie Airplane in mine. but, more importantly, it would show the posters that they need to mind their P's and Q's and that will indeed crack down on those who step out of line.

i'm also not terribly bothered by the whole cancellation of name-changing. i thought it was pretty silly and i didn't see why it was necessary. come to think of it...i don't see why sigs are necessary either. but i still the think the forums would be better if the mods (Mat or whoever) showed themselves more frequently.

again, this is jmho...and since these are their forums they get to operate them as they choose. if i actually thought that these things were THAT important i would just go off and start my own forum....which i have no intention of doing.
Old 08-04-2004, 12:44 AM

sigs are one of the stupidest and idiotic inventions ever. Oh boy, lets force everyone to see some retarded monty python quote or song lyric every single time you post. Now thats content.
Old 08-04-2004, 03:50 AM

Post of my life.

I want to be BottlesOf again.... [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 08-04-2004, 08:41 AM

Default Read Franchise\'s Post.

Bump of TTT's post.
Old 08-04-2004, 09:20 AM

Ole.
Old 08-04-2004, 02:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Take the person's post, quote it, make it sticky, post an explanation underneath, and leave it up there for a week in the General (or every) forum. Put sticky messages with peoples' names in the titles who are doing things that deserve a public warning. Instill a little fear, but also, very importantly, provide some transparency into how the moderation is working.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like the whole making an example of people, which mat does from time to time. But leaving whatever crappy/offenisve post it is they got banned for up as a sticky seems contrary to the whole idea of banning. The whole idea of banning people is so we don't have to read their crappy posts cluttering up the forum. I prefer the streamlined mysterious moderation myself.
Old 08-04-2004, 07:49 PM

I'd rather read it once at the top of the forum, perhaps with referral URLs edited out, than have to read it and a bunch of copycat spawns in every thread.

I'm not saying sticky every single one. Just exemplary ones which demonstrate all the wrong things to do.
Old 08-04-2004, 08:20 PM

Default They should change to slashcode.

n/m
Old 08-04-2004, 11:16 PM

Default Re: They should change to slashcode.

TTTīs post is just about my opinion. I would like to see more action from the moderators, I mean, see the actions moderators are doing everyday, cause we know they are doing.
I think there should be a FAQ with doīs and donīt, and one forum of sticky threads and info.
Old 08-05-2004, 12:38 AM

Default Re: They should change to slashcode.

I would also like to see more moderation in this forum. I've been a member of numerous discussion boards over the years, and this is one of the more cluttered and confusing.