Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-03-2004, 01:41 PM

Default Re: Play This Hand Against Me

no, you're right that was a bit hasty. But putting him on quads is kind of obvious, and playing against eights full would be more fun. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Knowing it was The Andy Fox, I guess you call the second re-raise, but say you didn't know it was TAF, then you put in another re-raise or two, no?
Old 08-03-2004, 01:42 PM

Default Correction

The first guy to enter the pot limped in.

Thanks, Gabe.
Old 08-03-2004, 01:52 PM

Good thing I don't play you on a daily basis 'cause I am having trouble putting you on a hand.

AA and 88 are about the only ones that make sense.

Ergo, I should just checkcall (even tough it's 6:1 that you have AA on a Bayesian analysis) but that ain't gonna happen in a million years with top full. I bet out and 3 bet (I really don't use Mike l's river checkraise play as often as I should). I then give my head a shake and just call if you 4 bet.
Old 08-03-2004, 01:56 PM

Oh, so am I the only one who thinks the times andy would raise with the nut flush outweigh the times he'd actually have the quads?

I'm betting out, and if I'm raised, I'm 3-betting. I am then calling the cap, and if I'm shown 88, I say "nice hand schmuck"
Old 08-03-2004, 02:00 PM

I think you have:
AA
KK
A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

I think you would rather cold call the flop then 3 bet with the flush hands so that you can keep the bad player in the pot since he is likely to pay you off. I don't find it likely that you will 3-bet a "solid" player with 88 unless he has been isolating with extremely weak hands but even then 3-betting 88 has to be very marginal.

I put you on the flush and I bet out so that I can 3-bet you.
Old 08-03-2004, 02:05 PM

On the flop, there was no raise at all. Limper checked, Cut-off bet and Andy just smoothcalled. I gotta think that he would raise with the nut flush draw and two overcards particularly since he 3 bet preflop and could be holding a big overpair, wouldn't he?

But in any event, you are right in that there is some chance that Andy has the nut flush at the end. So, that has to be thrown into the mix in figuring out what your best move is with 99.
Old 08-03-2004, 02:07 PM

AKc. Because he's been isolating so often, I think you'd 3 bet AKs here. I would have raised the draw, but also can see wanting the loose limper in with your nut draw. I think you would have raised flop with an overpair in this big pot.

Cold calling rag turn fits and I bet out against you on river and make it 3 bets. If you have 88, oh well. I guess this is why I don't play 30-60.
Old 08-03-2004, 02:15 PM

Default Results

My opponent bet out. I raised.

He took a long time to consider. Finally he just called.

His hand was no good.

I'd have put me on either A-A or A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]Kc and 3-bet. Shows what I know.
Old 08-03-2004, 02:17 PM

I'm sorry you are check folding with the nut boat, knowing the only hand you lose to is indeed 88?!?!?! You don't think AA or KK are even remote possibilities here?

Perhaps I'm a lag, but I'm either betting out, HOPING to get raised so I can 3-bet or going for the CR...apparently I am missing something.
Old 08-03-2004, 02:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
On the flop, there was no raise at all. Limper checked, Cut-off bet and Andy just smoothcalled.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, between reading the initial post, some of the replies, and the correction to the betting action I got the flop action slightly wrong. I would tend to think the flush draw is slightly less likely now that I have the flop action correct but it's still quite possible.

If Andy has AKs (or AQs) on this flop he is either ahead of a hand that he dominates or he is behind a hand that he has a lot of outs against. Simply calling the flop would be a very viable play IMO but I agree with you that the typical line would be to raise the flop so I am derating the possibility that he has the flush draw slightly.