Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-02-2004, 07:43 PM

Default Re: Thoughts and result

Well thought out, well played...risky, but worth it, IMO. I like your thought process on this one, PM.

-SossMan
Old 08-02-2004, 07:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Well thought out, well played...risky, but worth it, IMO. I like your thought process on this one, PM.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks. As you can probably guess, it's not that I had all these *actual* thougts in my head, it's rather like a genereal feel of the options I was facing, as they constantly change. But when trying to put it into words, and more logical analysis, this is pretty much what I was "thinking" at the point.

Yes, it was risky. I posted this hand in order to get replies as to how risky is it (too risky?). I think my tight, trying-to-avoid-confrontations image, played a big part in this hand, as his image (in my mind) too.

Have to get some chips somehow... [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 08-02-2004, 09:56 PM

Great read and great play. I stand (or sit) thoroughly in the wrong here. I guess he was agressive but able to think that his overpair flush draw might not be good here.

I would think against a number of online players you would have gotten a call - congrats for sensing that he wouldn't.
Old 08-02-2004, 10:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Great read and great play. I stand (or sit) thoroughly in the wrong here. I guess he was agressive but able to think that his overpair flush draw might not be good here.

I would think against a number of online players you would have gotten a call - congrats for sensing that he wouldn't.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks. I didn't really post it to get complinets, but I'll live with it. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Anyway, as to your last point, I'd like to remind you that it's 3 hours into a $530 buy-in tourney, WCOOP event with $821,000 worth of prizes, and we're playing at the same table all the time. It's not some random low-limit on-line player I know nothing about.
Old 08-03-2004, 01:21 PM

Praying,

Understood the context of the event just didn't know the quality of read that you had on the opponent.

I believe that one of the posters here tried a similar move on an Q7x board with mid-pair with a large stack and got called all-in buy top pair top kicker. My only point was that there are lots of people still in that torny at the 3 hour mark that played in through a small sat and might not be capable of a semi-bluff raise and beyond that a semi-bluff raise laydown in this situation.

Again you knew your opponent here and out thought him - well played and I certainly have learned from this discussion.

Thanks